Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 November 2007
This really appeals to both my children and to me. It's a large (A4) format book with Blake's characteristic, spiky, lively illustrations. Daisy Artichoke has a couple of young friends who admire her raven with it's awful croak, her lovely ragged patchwork cloak, and many other unlikely rhyming phenomenon.

It's incredible how many rhymes Blake found, but the poem is effortless and flows beautifully. My eldest child, at 4, loves to join in with the poem and always has a huge smile on his face at the end.

I heartily recommend this book.
on 26 April 2009
This brilliant book is super-duper.
Daisy Artichoke likes nearly everything. She has three fat cats, a raven and a pig.
This book will make you laugh out loud- you could probably read it 20 times!
It is suitable for adults to read to children as well as children reading it themselves.
on 19 September 2009
Quentin Blake's illustrations are incredibly beautiful and a real inspiration to draw and paint for kids and adults alike. This is a great book about being an individual and being proud to be so. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
on 15 May 2013
It has much simpler language and fewer words per page than other Quentin Blake books. It was a disappointment to read (as a parent) after I have been reading Mr Magnolia and Angelica Sprocket for a few months. My 3 1/2 year old seemed overall unimpressed but quite liked the word "artichoke". The illustrations are still lovely. I would recommend this book as a Quentin Blake starter for much younger kids.
on 10 January 2008
A really zany delighful book which all adults and children will love. Many thanks to the book seller in the U.K. who sent it so promptly.
on 7 August 2015
As always, fab rhymes and entertaining pictures. A hit for our own little Daisy!
on 12 December 2014
My grandsons adore all Quentin Blake books. The illustrations are brilliant, we laugh out loud whenever we talk about them in detail. They will own every single book of his this Christmas and I hope this one will be a lovely surprise for them. (aged 6 and 4)
on 14 January 2015
Quentin Blake's books are always a real pleasure to read and look at. The illustrations are delightful and the text is entertaining. Children love Quentin Blake's funny drawings and stories, and adults enjoy reading them aloud.
on 22 January 2013
Bought as a gift for my daughter (Daisy) she's too young to say whether she likes it but I enjoy reading it to her! Illustrations are great.
on 17 September 2013
I love this book. I read it to the children in the nursery often and it is always very popular. bought it for my fantastic friend Daisy.