5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read, 12 Dec 2000
Maureen (EDINBURGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unveiled: Nuns Talking (Paperback)
I was recommended to read this book by a friend. I started it with some suspicion fearing that it might be rather boring. How wrong I was!
As Protestants we often have a picture of Nuns as rather Holy but also rather "goody-goody" and not really of this world! Certainly not the Nuns interviewed for this book. This is not another book about Nuns who leave their convents: this is about those who "stay in".
"Unveiled" devotes a chapter to each Nun interviewed. It not only tells you about many different types of Nuns but also makes it very clear that they are REAL people. I strongly recommend you to read this book. Like me, you may find yourself quite surprised by some of the words and actions of the Nuns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Unveiled: Nuns Talking (Paperback)
I'd never normally choose a book like this but a friend was sure I'd enjoy it. she was right! It's cut through all my prejudices about nuns, as well as giving a glimpse into a different way of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, shows the real nuns beneath societys stereotypes, 1 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Unveiled: Nuns Talking (Paperback)
I loved this book, it was captivating from beginning to end. It is the story of 10 nuns lives and each explains what it was that drove them to live in a religious community. You will never look at nuns in the same way again. I just wish there were more books like it!

Unveiled: Nuns Talking
Unveiled: Nuns Talking by Mary Loudon (Paperback - 21 Oct 1993)
Used & New from: 0.01