on 25 July 2013
This is my second read of this book ...first in paperback two years ago and now on kindle.

The Outlander series of books is without a doubt the best series I have read and if you have already read the first book in the series ( Cross stitch / Outlander) you will understand why.

Depth of characters and the richness of the storytelling takes you to 18th century Scotland and France. You are there ...with them and its escapism at its best .

I have no doubt I will read this series again and again.....hope you enjoy it too.
on 3 December 2014
Like all of the Outlander series, this book can be read as a stand-alone novel. Any fan will tell you, though, that you should start with the previous volume (Outlander aka Cross Stitch). In this book, Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser returns to Scotland with her daughter Brianna and continues the story of what happened after she and Jamie went to France. The story starts and ends in the 20th century.It's difficult to say more without including too many spoilers.

I discovered this series before Outlander had even reached the best seller list and it inspired me to come to Scotland (where I now live). There is a huge fan base, made even bigger by the Starz series which will, initially, focus on the first book. But if you are wondering what happens next, the only way is to read the books!
on 17 June 2013
If you have seen my review for Cross stich then you will know this is the second book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

If you love Barbara Erskine books then you will love love love this series of books. (6 in total)

I would advise that you read them in order though as you really don't want to miss out on any of the twists that are in the books.

This is my second time reading this set as I read them all some 10 years ago but am really enjoying them again second time around.
on 17 November 2013
I enjoyed the first book I was hooked from the first page. I have given it 4 stars and not 5 because I thought the story dragged a long in France found that part a bit slow and hard to get through. I would recommend this book to everyone and dare you not to get hooked into Claire and Jamie's adventures.
on 23 January 2014
Diana Gabaldon outlander series was recommended to me by family and friends. I thank them so much for doing so. The Outlander series is a fantastic read and I couldn't wait to read Dragon in Amber, (book number 2) to catch up with the lives of Claire and Jamie in the 1800's. The story line changes frequently, keeping you interested and wanting to continue reading. I read this book continuously on a flight to New York, just couldn't put it down.
on 25 August 2015
The whole 8 book series (and still being written) series are all a really good read. There really is never a dull moment in this book, would highly recommend reading. Jamie and Claire are great main characters and you really do root for them all the way.
on 7 June 2012
The books in this series are a long and satisfying read; I left a little time after reading Cross Stitch which I liked a lot; and am now reading the 2nd in the series; this unravels some more of the story, and I will just give a hint that you learn more about Jamie and Claire; There is a lighter touch, at least as far as I've read, and am really happy to sit down and read when I find the time. Highly recommend this series to anyone who likes historical novels.(Purchased Kindle Edition from Amazon.)
on 27 August 2014
I am reading this book for the second time, I have read all of this series and thoroughly enjoyed them all, so have started again from the first book Cross Stich and am now on the second one of Dragonfly in Amber.
on 14 September 2013
I've never hated and loved a book so much! My heart was pulled left and right so many times during this book. I loved the mix of fact and fiction. For me, there was a build up of both anticipation and dread. Really enjoyed it.
on 6 May 2015
Absolutely wonderful I'm besotted with this story and characters .I have read hundreds of historical novels over the years and this series is the best out of the lot .I can't put them down and I have been checking the historical facts as I have gone through the books and for 98percent they have been correct allowing for certain authors licence .