5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent novel from the author of Emil and Lottie and Lisa, 20 Aug 2003
This review is from: The Flying Classroom (Red Fox middle fiction) (Paperback)
Just to set the record straight, Erich Kastner is in fact the author of this book, rather than its illustrator.
If you've read 'Lottie and Lisa' or any of the Emil stories and enjoyed them, you won't be disappointed by 'The Flying Classroom'. It is sad in parts, profound in parts, funny in many parts and enjoyable throughout. Each time I read it I am grateful a) that he wrote it and b) that my sister managed to find a copy of it so that I can read it.
Once you read it you will love it and, like his others, it can be read over and over again. Read it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not forget your childhood!, 29 Dec 2006
J. Takata (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Flying Classroom (Red Fox middle fiction) (Paperback)
I remembered reading this as a very young child, and feeling entranced by it - but it was only until recently that I decided to read it again, in the original German. And so glad that I did! The characters are delightful, the story is heart warming and the messages in the book rings true, even 70 years after the setting of this book. There is just the right amount of humour, boarding school life, action, tension, drama and the beauty of friendship thrown in there, as well as a clear moral: do not forget your childhood. Children's tears are just as heavy as adults' tears. Read Kästner's second prologue and you will be able to really appreciate what he had believed.

I love this book, and it will always remain a favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars just as I expected, 5 Feb 2014
the product is long out of print and I was delighted to make a child happy with this book. I read it when I was small. It arrived weel in time.

The Flying Classroom (Red Fox middle fiction)
The Flying Classroom (Red Fox middle fiction) by Erich Kastner (Paperback - 5 Jan 1995)
Used & New from: 21.30