5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Addition To The BEST Historical Fiction Series!!
Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series is without a doubt my favorite in all fiction. (I consider J. R. R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Ring" trilogy to be in a category of its own). I had been hoping for another novel about the fabulous time-traveling Fraser family but thought "The Fiery Cross" would be the last. Needless to say, when I heard that a sixth book was in the works, I...
Published on 9 Oct. 2005 by Jana L. Perskie

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Background Info
I've read all of the Outlander series so far but I have read them over a period of about 6 years and I can't always remember everything that happened in the last book. This is the case here - I read the Fiery Cross a couple of years ago, it was a very long book with much detail and Diana will insist on referring back to incidents and people who were in the last book but...
Published on 12 Oct. 2010 by Laura

‹ Previous | 18 9 1016 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) (Paperback)
This was bought as used and was true to description. Almost like new. Order received promptly. Well pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Snow and Ashes, 21 Dec. 2012
I love the Outlander series amid am looking forward to the next book and hope that it will be as good as all the rest

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Snow and Ashes, 16 Dec. 2012
I have been following these Outlands Books from the start. They are great I just do not want the series to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 8 Nov. 2012
Another good story in the series. I get so attached to the characters and feel I am actually there. It has opened my eyes to how things were in the years after Culloden. In the past I never thought how it would be for the people who left Scotland to go to the New world in America. They obviously went through lawless times and great hardship. Wonderful read, I strongly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of snow and ashes, 30 Sept. 2012
So far it is good the problem is these books take so long for me to read as I never miss anything!!! Then read it again why is this, the last 5 books I have read have taken me months to read but they are interesting, well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Praise for the outlander series, 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) (Paperback)
The Outlader series by Diana Gabaldon is one of the most compelling series of books I have ever read. You are transported back in time with such clarity you can see what's happening in your mind with such clarity you can even smell what's cooking ! The language is supreme, the story lines unsurpassed and you are carried into Clare and Jamie's world with a knowledgeable hand that wraps a lifetime's love story with historical events and superb reference to every day living. I am reading the whole series now for the second time and getting as much or possibley more out of each book. Can't wait for number 9.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enter into a different world, 16 July 2012
DebbieB (Southend-on-sea) - See all my reviews
The reader is picked up and transported in this series. The characters become so well known that it is as if you are there with them. These books just get better and better as you go through the series. I can only compare them to the Poldark books which gave the same intense experience.
The only reasons for 4 stars instead of 5 -
The edit is not brilliant, each book has a smattering of errors that should have been picked up by a good proof-read.
Claire's 'Englishness' is an integral part of the story, OK she lived for some time in America, would she really say 'diaper' for 'nappy' etc. To be honest even the American spelling, which of course Claire would not use, can jar a little and lift you out of the magic of the story for a moment. I have even found myself wondering would she have an American accent? Surely not.
But these things are minor distractions, the books are intensely enjoyable and I would recommend them highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars super service, 21 Jun. 2012
Mrs. M. E. F. Bullows "novice" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) (Paperback)
This is part of a fantastic 'must read' set of books that I sent for via Amazon web site. The service was excellent , fast, and I would recommend anyone to both use the seller and read the book ....fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good, 12 Jun. 2012
Gayl MacKinnon (Lanarkshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
If you are a follower of this series and want to find out what Clare, Jamie and extended family have to face in this latest book of the Outlander series I highly recommend this book. It is, so far, the last book in the series, although I have heard a new book will be out later this year or sometime next year, and I couldn't put it down. It is well written, and Diana Gabaldon has really done her research into historical places and events very well. I can't wait for the next book to come out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Diana Gabaldon - A Breath of Snow & Ashes, 18 April 2012
I have read all of the books in the series and have enjoyed all of them - 'A Breath of Snow & Ashes' the 6th in the series was no exception. The imagery is excellent and the historical content is also very well researched. I would not hesitate in recommending this book.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1016 | Next ›

A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6)
A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) by Diana Gabaldon (Paperback - 7 Sept. 2006)