5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Addition To The BEST Historical Fiction Series!!
Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series is without a doubt my favorite in all fiction. (I consider J. R. R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Ring" trilogy to be in a category of its own). I had been hoping for another novel about the fabulous time-traveling Fraser family but thought "The Fiery Cross" would be the last. Needless to say, when I heard that a sixth book was in the works, I...
Published on 9 Oct 2005 by Jana L. Perskie

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Background Info
I've read all of the Outlander series so far but I have read them over a period of about 6 years and I can't always remember everything that happened in the last book. This is the case here - I read the Fiery Cross a couple of years ago, it was a very long book with much detail and Diana will insist on referring back to incidents and people who were in the last book but...
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by Laura

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Snow and Ashes, 20 Jan 2012
I began reading Diana Galbaldon's Outlander series in September, and I must admit that I was beginning to become a bit disillusioned by the series. I absolutely loved the first couple of books, but by The Fiery Cross I was becoming a bit bored to be completely honest.

This could possibly be because I read 5 extremely long books in 3 months, but the characters were beginning to grate on me. Looking at reviews for The Fiery Cross I see that I was not the only one to find this.

A Breath of Snow and Ashes however was much more what I had come to expect from Gabaldon - action, twists and credible relationships between the characters. I'm once again looking forward to the next book, which is a shame as I know that once I have finished An Echo in the Bone I will have to wait for the next one to be released!

For anyone who has finished The Fiery Cross and is tempted to stop reading there, don't! A Breath of Snow and Ashes is definitely worth reading - bringing back the characters I have come to love in the last couple of months, in a story that I could only put down when I absolutely had to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait, without a doubt, 8 Nov 2005
Joanne K. Pilsworth (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Having started to read this series whilst on holiday a couple of years ago, I have been waiting for this, the latest installment, for a while. Ms Gabaldon has not disappointed with this book. Even longer than "Fiery Cross", it is chance for some of the 'side' characters of that book, and some of the storylines to develop further, whilst still maintaining the suspense of the big question: how will Jamie manage to tread the fine line of which side to choose?
He has the benefit of Claire, Brianna and Roger's knowledge of what is to come. It is not a case of which side, but when he can declare himself for the colonial side, without endangering those who look to him.
Several new characters are introduced, but it is the development of other characters from earlier books that I enjoyed particularly. And of course, there is the question, just where did Stephen Bonnett get hit when Brianna shot him?
It is not often that a book is worth buying in hardback, but this one definately is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant!!!A must read!, 15 May 2006
D. Taylor (France) - See all my reviews
Being the 6th book of the series you wonder can she do it , can it be as good?!

It is brillant!!

The begining is a little difficult to get through due to the detail and you do get a bit lost but it is only for the first few chapiters , you must read on because wow what a breath stopper!!

It is gripping full of adventure,drama,love!

Once you finish it the only thing you want is for it to carry on!!

You will find going through fits of laughter, joy , shock and tears!!

Diana Gabaldon has truely managed yet another success!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Snow and Ashes, 10 Jan 2006
Anne (Surrey , United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Another wonderful book by Diana Gabaldon. The people really come alive from the pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Outlander Series, 12 Nov 2005
By A Customer
A Breath Of Snow And Ashes is the best of the Outlander Series, and I thought each was great reads. The author has out done herself on this fine piece of literature. I also recommend along with allof the Outlander Novels, Fire In The Ice by Katlyn Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Oct 2005
By A Customer
I waited a long time for this book and the author did not disappoint. It is simply fantastic. If you have not read any of the other books in the series, I would advise you to do so before reading this. I have read them all twice and I still got confused with some of the characters and storylines.
I have recommended this series to everyone I know, in so doing, I have created an entire London based Jamie Fraser fan club, he's as dashing and romantic as ever (oh to spend a day in the life of Claire Randall Fraser). Buy this book, it will not disappoint!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth waiting for!, 7 Oct 2005
Cat M (Scottish Borders) - See all my reviews
I have been waiting to read this book for a long time now, and I have to say it was well worth the wait. I read it cover to cover in 24hrs and it had me both laughing and crying.
Diana Gabaldon has a knack of making her characters come vividly to life and she makes you really care about them.
Not to say too much about it, it will keep you turning the pages right up until the end, which although it is incredibly sad, is also happy. You could say somebody's destiny is fulfilled!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 19 Dec 2006
Sinead Reddan "briongloid" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Excellent. I thought Diana was back to her best with this book. There was a little dip in the middle of the series but this was fantastic. Personally I love all the details of normal domestic life that are provided about Jamie, Claire and all of the characters. Can't wait for the next one in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The overwhelming desire to finish the book, 14 Mar 2006
Could not wait to read this next title in the series about Jamie and Claire Frazer. Loved it from the moment I opened the book until the time I put it down. Compelling reading. I smiled with the family and also cried with them. Would suggest that if you want to enjoy them definitely should read them in order or the true worth of them will not be fuly appreciated. Now all I need is the next one in the series. Oh, I hope there is going to be one.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a saga, 9 April 2011
F. Lacey "swanofsevern" (England) - See all my reviews
My mother kept asking me when I was going to finish this book as I seemed to be reading it for months; it's certainly worth it for the weight! I have enjoyed all the Outlander series and this one is no exception. You have a real feel for the backwoods American life in those early days. This book often lacks pace because it is so long, but there are certainly many episodes of high drama and their ongoing results. Don't read this book if you haven't read the earlier ones as it will seem a bit dull. The skill of the author is in keeping plot themes bubbling to the surface in each book, which makes sense if you have followed them in sequence.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6)
A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) by Diana Gabaldon (Paperback - 7 Sep 2006)
6.29