5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Addition To The BEST Historical Fiction Series!!
Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series is without a doubt my favorite in all fiction. (I consider J. R. R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Ring" trilogy to be in a category of its own). I had been hoping for another novel about the fabulous time-traveling Fraser family but thought "The Fiery Cross" would be the last. Needless to say, when I heard that a sixth book was in the works, I...
Published on 9 Oct 2005 by Jana L. Perskie

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Background Info
I've read all of the Outlander series so far but I have read them over a period of about 6 years and I can't always remember everything that happened in the last book. This is the case here - I read the Fiery Cross a couple of years ago, it was a very long book with much detail and Diana will insist on referring back to incidents and people who were in the last book but...
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by Laura

‹ Previous | 110 11 1215 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars just awesome, 1 Nov 2014
This is the second time that I have read this book and will never get tired of reading any of the series, just keep the books coming Diana love them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, yet again up until the wee small hours!, 24 Jan 2006
Eagerly awaited is an understatment! I have loved all of the series of books and this one did not fail to entertain and keep me turning pages. You could read this before the others but I urge you not to, get Cross Stitch (the first in the set), a quiet corner and a cup of coffee and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, a lot of pages for the money ..., 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) (Paperback)
As with all other Diana Gabaldon books in this series, well written, great story, a lot of pages for the money and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars praise for Diana Gabaldan, 1 Aug 2014
As usual this book kept me enthral led all the way through, can't wait to read the next one. Which I have loaded in my kindle alrea

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 26 Oct 2014
P. A. Cunningham "Penny" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
On my Outlander marathon! Back to back reading of the series. Each book a veritable tome and thoroughly enjoying everyone, AGAIN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 26 July 2014
This review is from: A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) (Paperback)
Bought this book for my wife as she is reading the series. She really enjoyed the read and loves the way the author writes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diana Gabaldon is, as usual drawing us into Claire ..., 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) (Paperback)
Diana Gabaldon is, as usual drawing us into Claire & Jamie's world & half wishing we are right there with them...

3.0 out of 5 stars Series losing its enchantment, 21 Nov 2014
EMC (UK, Singapore, Chennai) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) (Paperback)
I really want this series to maintain its level of storytelling but it is slowly losing its enchantment for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 13 Feb 2006
Atheana (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I hate to give less than positive reviews when it is obvious the author has spent a great deal of time and effort writing a book ... BUT... I'm afraid that is what I am going to do here.
First of all, the book is LONG and HEAVY and the print is SMALL compared to the usual. All this makes for a LOT of reading, which would be wonderful if it didn't drag on, wasn't filled with needless trivia, incomprehensible words and at times, seemingly endless background filler.
The book itself is more a series of small stories brought together under one cover than it is a novel with one straightforward storyline which is really what is missing. On the other hand, for those interested in military strategy, the minutia of the American War of Independence and its lead up, then this will probably suit. However, to be frank, I did find much of this book hard going. I normally finish DG's books in under a week, even less if they're really good - this one took a month, which says something.
Physically, the print is small, the book is heavy and cumbersome and whilst it was nice to be with Jamie and Claire again, there really wasn't much to go on in terms of a storyline. Also, some of the language is incomprehensible, in that it's either foreign (i.e., written under the assumption that the reader understands Scottish endearments) or so advanced one needs a dictionary (at times).
Lastly, this is the latest book in what is a multi multi book series - I think it's number 6 or 7. I read the first back in 1994 when it first came out - or thereabouts. I don't know about other readers, but I for one do not remember each and every incident which took place over the course of the series. Yet the author doesn't seek to 'refresh' the reader's memory, but instead relies on the assumption that all will be remembered. In my case, I struggled to remember what happened and to whom in the last book, let alone in the first!
DG is an excellent writer, which is clear by the following she's built up over the years. And whilst I'm loathe to criticise her literary efforts, with this book there was an unfortunate but definite decline in holding the reader's attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book, 27 Sep 2014
Outlander 6 is another brilliant book in the series. I will be starting book seven as soon as possible. Great

‹ Previous | 110 11 1215 | Next ›

A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6)
A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6) by Diana Gabaldon (Paperback - 7 Sep 2006)