4.0 out of 5 stars Life painting...
A beautiful book.
Both the text and the illustrations relate colours to feelings and moods in a simple and thoughtful way. The paintings are bright and recognisable (and the 'story' interesting enough) to keep the youngest captivated while you read, but with the scale and lay-out to attract those learning to read themselves.
Quite different from most Dr. Seuss...
Published on 27 Feb 2003 by Gareth Waterman

3.0 out of 5 stars ok book
My daughter did not really understsnd what this book was getting at. She is five snd maybe if a little older she will appreciate it
Published 26 days ago by Donna

4.0 out of 5 stars Life painting..., 27 Feb 2003
Gareth Waterman "GW" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
A beautiful book.
Quite different from most Dr. Seuss books, this is more a concept piece than a traditional story, but retains the uniqueness you would expect, and is much loved by my 3 year old daughter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for explaining feelings to non-verbal children, 16 Jun 2009
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Paperback)
This book has beautiful illustrations which capture the essence of the feeling being described. I have personally found this works especially well with children on the autistic spectrum and very young (pre-verbal) children. It does not pass judgement on feelings or describe them as positive or negative, it simply gives an idea of what effect thay have using very simple text and powerful images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 May 2006
young man (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Paperback)
This book is a great introduction to talking about how you feel in a simple pure way.

It gives the child permission to feel sad, angry, happy etc, tells them is ok, it's normal we all feel this way sometimes.

The book is beautifully painted and the pictures are very expressive using the colours to convey the correct emotion perfectly.

The text is short enough to hold the interest of even the youngest child and the rhythm and rhyme are engaging.

A beauiful book which works on many different levels and can be read as quickly or as slowly as you like as it offers the choice of just using the words or using each colour as a jumping off point to discuss deeper things

5.0 out of 5 stars different to the others, 14 Mar 2007
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Paperback)
This is a very different Dr Seuss, a little less frantic in its pace and rhyme, a little more thoughtful perhaps.

The book takes a change of direction by using other illustrators work and not the class trademark scratchy flowing drawing of the great man himself, but this is a plus, it adds to the gentleness of the story and as previously stated makes this an excellent book to draw out discussions about feelings from young ones who sometimes do not have the language to make this possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 23 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Paperback)
This book is beautiful, profound,easy for new readers to get their tongues round and really rather touching. Perfect to discribe mood swings !

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book on emotions, 13 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Hardcover)
Not the usual Dr. Seuss read, this book utilizes color to express the complexity of feelings. The illustrations are unique and elevate the text.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok book, 14 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Paperback)
I bought this book to read to/with my 6 year old Grandson, who has issues with how he feels. This book is really engaging and he has learned the general ideas of the colour meanings in context to how he feels. This gives us an opportunity for him to say how he feels in colours, when he can't find the words to express his emotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolls off the tongue, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Paperback)
Dr Seuss plays with language, making this a great teaching tool for my students who struggle with their learning. It will be the basis of a session about colour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 17 Nov 2013
M. Cullen "madammim" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Many Coloured Days (Paperback)
lovely book. My granddaughter likes me to read this every time she stops over. She asks me lots of questions and I explain to her that the book relates to feelings that we ask have, It has brought some comfort to her as she was having very bad out -bursts of rage due to desertion of a parent.

My Many Coloured Days
My Many Coloured Days by Seuss (Paperback - 3 May 2001)
5.59