Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 February 2000
When I read the first in this trilogy, I thought it was great . . . I'd never heard of Catherine Fisher before, but thought it was worth waiting for the rest of the series to come out. And I wasn't disappointed - this book weaves our world in with Anara, and the Relicmaster, Raffi & Carys just seem more 'real' each time I read it. For me, the real fun lies in trying to guess what each of the relics are from Fisher's descriptions - although the last book contained more of this. I can't wait to get hold of the last book and find out what happens to Galen, Raffi, Carys and the Sekoi - will we ever find out his name? This is worth reading - I thought Fisher was simply a child's writer, but if I can read and enjoy them, anyone can!
on 21 February 2003
This series of books is quite possibly the most amazing group of books I've ever read!
The charecters are varied, their backgrounds well resurched, their
personality extremely believable.
The Interrex in perticular is brilliant. It is exciting, griping and leaves you sitting on the edge of your chair!
I think this book is so well written I feel like I am living it, traveling along with the amazing charecters.
Its the best book I've ever red! Read it!
on 10 February 2005
FIVE STAR! A brilliantly exciting and well written work of fantasy. Catherine is a talented writer with a captivating imagination. This and the other novels in the series are well worth reading. Keep up the good work Catherine and maybe one day your fencing will be as good as your writing :p.
on 8 July 2004
This book has it all. It has humor, revelations and suspense. Throughout the book it was merely impossible to put down as the plot is eery and edgy. If you are recommended this book then please, don't hesitate to look into it further as it is one of the best books that I have ever read!