5.0 out of 5 stars the kids, two and five, were laughing their heads off.
Mrs. Hargraves baby wouldn't eat and was growing quite weak until it was suggested by one of the children that they try some avocado pear. Like Popeye and spinach the results are miraculous. Nothing better than when the bullies end up in the park pond. My two and five year old laugh hysterically---even better I could read it again and again.
Published on 4 Sep 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars slightly old fashioned, but a good story
We have enjoyed this book, despite the slightly old fashioned language and drawings. The storyline is good though. I would recommend it for anyone struggling with feeding their kids.
Published on 21 Sep 2011 by Katherine Riach

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the kids, two and five, were laughing their heads off., 4 Sep 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best children's books EVER., 10 Jan 2001
By A Customer
At the age of 21 with no children, I still had to buy this book! It had me laughing out loud, and I believe it will go on to be a classic like "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". I'm training as a teacher of 3 to 8 year olds next year, and I think this book will be very handy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever, 15 Aug 2001
By A Customer
We read this to our 4 year-old and he's still asking for it at age 9! A delightful & memorable story.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Avocado Baby, 27 April 2008
J. A. Parker (Northamptonshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books) (Paperback)
This is just a fantastic book! I remember reading it when I was a little girl and now find myself reading it to the children in my class. A great book to encourage healthy eating - and also as a bit of fun for the children (and you!) Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, buy the Avocado Baby, 8 Dec 2006
My mum would read this book to me when I was very little and I loved it so much. I also really loved avocados :) It's funny, beautifully illustrated and little kids will love it. If there's a larger version available then I would get that.

5.0 out of 5 stars In my top 5 books for kids ever, 5 April 2012
This review is from: Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books) (Paperback)
All John Burningham's books are great, but there is something about this that is really special. The illustrations are gorgeous, capturing the expression of a sturdy little baby perfectly. There is something deliciously funny about this baby, and lovely moments where both bullies and burglars get their comeuppance at the hands of Avocado Baby. It is the perfect length for a bedtime story. It is also a good gift for older siblings with a new baby in the family. If you enjoy this then read some more of Burningham's books. He is a genius. We also love Courtney and of course Mr Gumpy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 12 Nov 2010
Ms. D. Nichols "D Giggles" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books) (Paperback)
I purchased this book for a school project for my 7 year old son. He loves the story, as does my 4 year old daughter.
Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 April 2010
Ac Ribbon-miles (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books) (Paperback)
This was my sister's favourite book when we were children and so when I realised it was still available I had to get a copy for my little girl. It didn't disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fussy eaters!, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books) (Paperback)
Super little book to encourage any parents, probably most parents, with a child who is difficult to feed. You are not alone!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased this is still available, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books) (Paperback)
Avocado Baby is one of our all time favorites! with nieces and nephews coming along now we wanted to share John Burningham stories with them and found Avocado Baby was still available. This story is so funny. Thank you for keeping this book available!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books)
Avocado Baby (Red Fox Picture Books) by John Burningham (Paperback - 16 Jun 1994)
5.24