5.0 out of 5 stars A joy
Published on 7 Nov 2011 by dire_tribe

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better
Mindy Kaling isn’t someone that I knew a lot about yet I loved the office and this book gives you a great understanding about how she has got to where she was today.

Published 2 months ago by Lottie

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy, 7 Nov 2011
Just finished reading this - it was the first book to necessitate downloading the Kindle app for my iPhone and buying the ebook version because for some reason the UK shipping for the hard copy was 1-3 months, but worked out well as the audio extras are a fun touch. The essays cover a wide range of Mindy Kaling's thoughts, observations, and insights and is written in a conversational way that makes you feel like you are chatting to a friend. A really funny, interesting, smart friend. Too many highlights to mention, although I will say that the chapter "Guys Need to Do Almost Nothing to Be Great" should be gospel. I guess as Bossypants only came out earlier this year the Tina Fey comparisons will be inevitable. There are a few similarities, the most important being that both books make you laugh and feel happy. Who wouldn't want to have more books like that?

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?: (And other concerns) (Paperback)

To me the book felt like a scrapbook, written in a conversational style the book is very easy to read and contains many photos. You can’t help reading this book in Kaling’s voice it just feels like she’s talking to you.

The book is funny is some parts yet I have to admit that I felt as though I was far to old to be reading this book. Kaling herself makes the comment that this book has probably been purchased for a teenager by their ‘cool aunt’.

Some of the chapters feel a little cliché such as the one that touches of the subject of her weight, which seems to be a typical topic that female comedians discuss therefore the subject feels sort of tedious. This book is aimed at the young adult/preteen market.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO FUNNY, 12 Sep 2013
Laugh out loud comedy - If you love The Mindy Project then you will love this! Can't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!!, 23 Aug 2013
So funny! I've been the crazy lady laughing alone on the tube! I'll be passing this on to people I really like when I'm done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, uplifting, honest, 19 Nov 2014
I'll come right out and say that I don't normally write reviews and I actually didn't like Mindy Kaling or her show. But I started watching the show and saw what the deal was about and when I found out she had written a book, I bought it (on Kindle as it was cheaper and I no longer have space on my bookshelf). The book is great! Really funny, actually I'll say hilarious as I often had to stop myself from laughing out loud on the tube. You definitely recognise Mindy's voice if you're familiar with her show. It's an honest and open book and she isn't afraid of tackling any type of bullying she encountered in her childhood or the problems she encountered trying to be a success. The book mainly deals about her life up to The Office and before The Mindy Projet and I was surprised to find out that she's also a director so she's definitely a quadruple threat (actor / writer / director / producer) and my admiration for her has solidified. I hope she remains the same person despite whatever success she will undoubtedly create in the future and write another book about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 May 2013
A laugh out loud feel good book which makes me feel at ease, knowing that there are other slightly odd people out there which share the same weird thoughts as me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!, 9 Aug 2013
Very funny and relatable. Make you love her even more! A must read for all women, will make you feel like there's someone else out there. Didn't stop laughing and couldn't put it down!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Mindy, 11 Jun 2013
I will start by saying,I love Mindy Kaling. I find her so funny yet very truthful. I'm a big fan of The Mindy Project and I could not put this book down. It is well worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just...Mindy!, 13 May 2013
Ms. A. S. Nielson "ASNielson" (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't feel like I have to use any other word besides, Mindy. She's fantastic. I challenge anyone to not like her & enjoy this book. Laugh out loud good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 12 May 2013
Kaling's book is easy to dip in and out of and is very readable. It's funny, engaging and has a personal touch. Recommended

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?: (And other concerns)
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?: (And other concerns) by Mindy Kaling (Paperback - 23 May 2013)