5.0 out of 5 stars Blooming brilliant!
Bought this book after reading rave Tweets about it, and also wanting to improve my bread making!
James Morton takes ALL the worry and mystery away, and inspires you with the confidence to roll up your sleeve and start weighing flour. The foreword is very informative and fun, and the recipes themselves are delicious and so easy to follow- who knew you could leave...
Published 17 months ago by Emma

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment so far
My first bread book was 'Dough' by Richard Bertinet. I found this book to be so inspiring, foolproof, and therefore confidence-building that I soon started to try some other books on the subject.

Bought a Paul Hollywood one: '100 Great Breads'. Not bad, but a bit hit and miss to tell you the truth. Never mind, a couple more successful Bertinet recipes soon got...
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 111 12 1321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear instructions, helpful illustrations, good range of recipes - inspiring too!, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Kindle Edition)
Tried a few basic and more advanced recipes so far. I really appreciate the science-based explanation of these so you understand why you're doing different steps and what to take care over.

This book just seems to include the recipes I'm looking for personally: basic wholemeal and plain bread, fresh pitta bread - including wholemeal option (revisited Turkey last year so really appreciate this!), a good pizza base, and some more out of the ordinary options to explore. Lots of basic bread options and some recipes to work up to once you've got the feel for bread making (I've not tried anything too advanced yet but maybe later...)

Love the rye and raisin bread!

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is brilliant, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Kindle Edition)
Ideal for anyone who goes out to work you can prepare the dough before you leave for . Minimal amount of time in the kitchen, so you can fit your bread making around the household chores. A good read vey informative and explains the processes of bread making. Ideal for anyone interested in baking and bread making

5.0 out of 5 stars Had never thought about baking bread, 12 Jan. 2014
MHT (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Kindle Edition)
I had never thought about baking my own bread until I read this book. Now I can't imagine buying bread again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Kindle Edition)
Good having a book written by someone who is not a baker by profession but clearly loves baking. Any home baker would be happy with this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 14 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
A great book, worth every penny! I bought so many bread books over the years, this is by far the best. The contents are interesting and informative. I cannot put the book down since I got it 2 days ago. Just made a batch of crusty rolls, still proving .... looks good so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bread, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
If you fancy baking your own bread this is THE book to have.Straightforward directions/recipes guaranteed to
encourage you to have a go ,get results far,far better than most breads you can buy ,and very rewarding.
Give every a treat.Bake your own bread.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has become the book I typically use whenever I ..., 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
This has become the book I typically use whenever I bake bread, (whilst Paul Hollywood's "Bread" sits gathering dust!) I find the writing style engaging and every recipe I have tried has worked very well, even the sour dough, which can be tricky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bread of heaven (sorry i know its a Welsh hymn but i couldnt help myself), 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
I saw him at the Stand Glasgow last year doing his show. This is my second book (OF THE SAME BOOK) the first took legs and walked (ended up in my friends suitcase after they stop lol). Its simple to follow and the bread turns out as he says.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best bread book so far., 7 May 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
I loved this guy on The Great British Bakeoff and this book is fabulous. I have recently got into bread making by hand and some of his loaves are so easy (no kneading), and thoroughly delicious. Highly recommend this if you are a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant indeed, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
I received this book at the weekend & started with his basic white bread recipe. I have never made such wonderful bread, and with such little effort. Cannot wait to make the bread again, & to try another of the recipes.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1321 | Next ›

Brilliant Bread
Brilliant Bread by James Morton (Hardcover - 29 Aug. 2013)