5.0 out of 5 stars No nonsense, honest advice that will help
Published 7 months ago by A. Skipper

3.0 out of 5 stars It's looking good so far
3 stars only because I haven't finished. It's looking good so far. Don't be put off by the maths. Muscle Priming is taking time but will be worth it.
Published 13 days ago by Catherine LEWIS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No nonsense, honest advice that will help, 11 Dec 2013
A. Skipper (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: The Simple, Proven System of Fat Burning for Permanent Weight Loss, Rock-Hard Muscle and a Turbo-Charged Metabolism (Paperback)
I bought his ebook about 3 years ago and followed it religiously insomuch that I even went off and wrote down my immediate, medium and long term goals down just when it told you to near the beginning of the book! Very whoop whoop American, I know but it really does help. I then kept those in a note on my phone and read them every day or so to just remind me what I was trying to achieve and why.

Tom Venuto is a lovely guy that frequents his own forums and answers questions on his facebook page - very open, honest, no nonsense - DRUG FREE fitness expert.

Onto the concepts of the book. Well, if you're after a magic pill look elsewhere. If you're after a diet that only lets you eat cabbage or {insert ridiculous single food here} only then again, you're not going to get that.

What you're going to get is EDUCATED about how your body works in regards to processing food, losing fat and building muscle. This is offered in an easy to read and easily understood way. You won't need a degree is biology (or even A-level) to understand it.

Once you have the knowledge of how your body works and what it needs to achieve your goals you can apply that to your diet. I can honestly say that I never felt hungry following Tom's principles. I did feel sore however - from the workouts!

What this book WON'T do is help you lose that last little bit of fat if you're already super lean and want to see your abs popping out! For that I recommend his ebook on cyclic carbs but this is getting into detail most people won't need nor want.

I went from 14.5 stone and 25% bf (male 41) to 12 stone and around 12% bodyfat following this book. Basically went from soft, podgy, middle aged gut to looking toned and lean. Took a LOT of hard work in the gym too and a discipline in the kitchen. But the discipline in the kitchen is all about setting yourself life style changes - it's NOT A DIET - it's a change in habits, a change in lifestyle.

If all this sounds like too much hard work then I suggest you eat cabbage soup for 5 weeks, lose a load of weight and then put it back on in 2 weeks when you go back to unheathly ways.

If you are ready to make a change then this book will become your bible - and you too will become a BTFFTM evangelist ;-)

Ps - I have reviewed his ebook by the way here but this is the first time it's in proper paperback and it's a lot cheaper too! There is even more content in the book I believe than was in the ebook.

Anyway - bought this book for a friend who I know wants to make a change too

5.0 out of 5 stars Total revelation in the burning of body fat and building muscle, 13 Feb 2014
I have been working out in the gym for quite some time and I was booking some results before hitting a plateau. I've tried many things, including dieting, extensive cardio sessions, increasing number of visits to the gym, but none of those seems to be a success formula for long-lasting results. Often I felt tired during work-outs and it was hard getting up in the mornings.

When doing some research on the internet, I learned about "burn the fat, feed the muscle". I was quite curious about the book as it promised not to diet your body down, but to build your body up, getting fitter and getting healthier. I ordered myself a copy and finished it within the next couple of days. The book first learns you about the most common pitfalls almost all people fall into. People tend to fail their long-term objectives not because of a lack in will power, but a lack in focus and understanding on how your body works and its relationship with food and excersice routines. It is not an "one-size-for-all" book as it introduce at an early stage the concept of different body types, requiring a different approach.

The book revolves around 4 main elements: nutrition, resistance training, cardio training and mental training. Nutrition will help you to get leaner and healthier whereas resistance training will help you to build up muscle. The cardio will get you fitter and helps you to get leaner even faster. The mental training will help you to stick to your nutrition and excersice trainings.

In his book, Tom Venuto looks at the secrets of the leanest people in the world, i.e. bodybuilders. Don't be affraid by this approach, this book will not make you a bodybuilder if you don't want too. It simply helps you to reach the ideal body composition you were looking for, and this in a healthy and sustainable way. The book gives you many quick start tips which you can easily apply. The positive results of those tips will help you to stay motivated.

I'm really enthousiastic about the book, that've recommended it to many of my fitness buddies. Thanks Tom!

5.0 out of 5 stars must be the best, 28 April 2014
This guy is a genius...it's like a food bible...nothing else compares...I have followed his methods and have dropped to at 10% body fat at the age of 43!!!...

4.0 out of 5 stars It's working for me., 17 July 2014
Don't be put off by the picture on the front. This book is for people of all shapes and abilities. It just depends on your starting point and where you want to end up, but the principles don't change. It basically says there are 3 elements of weight loss . Nutrition is fundamental but your mental attitude is just as important. It can't work unless you are motivated and determined. The third part is exercise.
I be learned loads reading this. I got back to it all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars No gimmicks, just information you need., 21 July 2014
A book full of good positive information that does not try to fill your head with the normal rubbish. Venuto delivers what you need to know not what you want to know and gives it to you straight. I believe this book will become a continuing source of reference in my goal to become a more healthy and athletic person.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 13 May 2014
Very clear and tells you everything you need to know about weight loss and muscle gain. Almost like a weight loss book for dummies!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 21 April 2014
Great book containing lots of sound advice complete with progress chart and meal suggestions, easy to follow would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars so useful, 10 April 2014
Detailed, researched, in plain English, honest and motivating in style. Very inspiring - really helped me to set goals and go for it - loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Mar 2014
An amazing book for anyone in fitness from basic to advanced! Im a qualified PT and i learnt alot from this book. A must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good guide, 13 Mar 2014
Very helpful and informative for someone like me who is looking to lose excess fat while building strength through weight training.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›