5.0 out of 5 stars Love this! Finding It by Cora Carmack
Title: Finding It
Series: Losing It (#3)
Author: Cora Carmack

Published 3 days ago by Zareena

Originally posted on Serendipity Reviews.

Published 7 months ago by Serendipity Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this! Finding It by Cora Carmack, 20 Sep 2014
Title: Finding It
Series: Losing It (#3)
Author: Cora Carmack

Each time I read one of Cora Carmack's books I don't think that she will be able to create characters that I will love more than the last, and each time she pulls it off. Finding It is Kelsey's story, Bliss' best friend, and right from the start I loved her. Full of sarcasm and attitude, Kelsey had me laughing from page 1. She is traveling around Europe and trying to gain a lifetime's worth of experiences, all the while ticking off her father. Her family is rich and this has led to Kelsey being ignored by her parents, so she does what she wants and feels no remorse.

The book starts off in a bar in Europe and there she sees Jackson Hunt. He intrigues her because he doesn't fall prey to her charms and because of this Kelsey only wants him more. After running into each other a few times they end up traveling together. Jackson asks that she gives him one week to give her an adventure like never before and she accepts. These two don't immediately become a couple and it was funny seeing them banter together as friends. It is obvious that both Jackson and Kelsey are attracted to each other and want more than friendship but for some reason Jackson continues to keep their relationship in the realms of friendship. It was times like these - when Jackson would push Kelsey away - that I wondered who Jackson really is. He doesn't reveal much about his past and sometimes Kelsey would say something and he would withdraw, going to a place in his mind where she couldn't follow. I have to say that I was worried. I could tell that something catastrophic was going to happen, which would tear them apart, but I had no idea what.

As they continue to hop from city to city, country to country Jackson and Kelsey become really close. Jackson is so protective it's adorable and he will pretty much do anything for Kelsey. There are some great parts where Kelsey takes advantage of this ;) . Eventually their attraction become unbearable and friendship flies out the window. Cora Carmack always has some steamy scenes in her books and this was no different. Seriously steamy. In the end I did not see the twist coming. I knew something would happen but this really threw me. Not saying what it was, you'll have to read it!

The ending was perfect. Kelsey found her way, discovered something she loved and came to terms with a few things. She grew into a great person and I was happy for her and Jackson. It's sad that this is the last book in the Losing It series, but we still have the novella Seeking Her which is told from Jackson's POV and comes out sometime early next year. Finding It was a great conclusion to the series and I will always love her characters and hilarious writing :) .

NA
5/5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good, but not bad either, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Finding It (Kindle Edition)
I thought that finding it is not quite as good as Losing it, but it was not bad either. I enjoyed reading about Kelsey's adventures but it just didn't get me as hooked on as losing it. Anyway, it's definitely worth reading !

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely romantic story, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Finding It (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book it only took me a few hours to read it i really enjoyed finding out about the different characters throughout the story. A great story if you believe in true love and love happily ever afters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, bit slow at times, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Finding It (Kindle Edition)
Loved the story line but dragged a little at parts. Definitely worth a read and I'm now moving onto another of the same series.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Finding It (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book it was a good story and I couldn't put it down. Well worth reading keeps you hooked

3.0 out of 5 stars The book had an extremely strong opening, but by the end I was losing interest., 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Finding It (Paperback)
Originally posted on Serendipity Reviews.

This is the third book in the Losing It series, but like so many New Adult series, it doesn’t need to be read in order. This was my first book and I didn’t feel as though I had missed out in any way by not reading the first two books to begin with. It was clear that Kelsey had appeared in the previous two books but this one was completely about her and her journey into adulthood.

To be honest, I didn’t like Kelsey much to begin with. She came across as spoilt, brattish and immature. Though as the story unfolds, you start to realise why she acts the way she does. Events in her childhood, scarred her future and molded her into a person she didn’t really want to be. It was quite sad to see how little her parents actually cared about her; they were only interested in how they appeared to the outside world.

When Kelsey met Jackson, there was an instant attraction. And what a hottie he was. He practically slid off the page. I kept imagining the more recently buff, Zac Efron, taking the role, should the story ever reach the screen. He was ever so gentlemanly and as I always say, if a man can hold your hair up, while you barf down the toilet, then he’s a keeper.

The book sets off on an exploration of Europe as their relationship jumps continuously between hot and cold. This got annoying in the end. I just wanted them to end up together and it just seemed to go on forever. I am not a patient person when it comes to true love! In the last third of the book, they finally get together, only to be ripped apart by the truth. Now I will be honest and admit, I did not see these events coming. I had my own ideas as to why Jackson kept pulling back, and they definitely did not match the real reason.

The book ends on a happy note, which pleased me. Although after reading this one, I’m not sure I want to read the first two. I just found the on and off monotony of the relationship dragged too much for me. The book had an extremely strong opening, but by the end I was losing interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes! NA at it's best, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Finding It (Paperback)
Finding It is the third in the Losing It series by Cora Carmack, I downloaded it along with Faking it after finishing, and really enjoying Losing It.

Kelsey Summers left college to travel around Europe, hoping to leave her mark on the world, be the girl that travelled, be the girl that's been everywhere. She is managing pretty well, until she finds herself the centre of Hunt's attention. She spots Hunt laughing at her from across a Budapest bar and waltzes over to confront him, in her usual manner, expecting him to fall at her feet and worship her. Wrong, Hunt is more of a challenge than Kelsey ever expected and as they wind up walking home together, in circumstances Kelsey didn't anticipate, their journey together is only beginning.

The story centres around character Kelsey, she is a secondary character in Losing It, introduced to us as Bliss's best friend. When I realised that the book was about Kelsey, I wasn't sure how keen I was, and if I was even going to like it. In Losing It she appeared to me as the pushy, bolshie best friend who was used to getting her own way. In the beginning Kelsey appeared to be the same way, gets what she wants, when she wants, but after she meets Hunt, her character appears to stutter in the realisation that she can't always get what she wants.

After meeting him, Hunt had a good effect on Kelsey's character for me. It brought out some depth, letting you see as you read about her that she wasn't just a shallow, spoiled princess and in actual fact she has a bit of a past which is a burden she has to carry.

Jackson Hunt's character is a bit of a mystery. His feelings aren't obvious, and unlike with Faking It, the story is told purely from Kelsey's point of view, so you only get to unpick his character, bit by bit, as she does. Being told from only Kelsey's point of view adds to the story though as it keeps the mystery going, and keeps you turning the pages (or swiping your e-reader) to find out more and more.

Kelsey and Hunt's relationship grows from that first meeting. Kelsey needs rescued, in more ways that she knows, and Hunt appears to be at her disposal. The pair set off together to finish Kelsey's Eurotrip, with threats of her father making her return to America at the forefronts of their minds.

Various European cities are the setting to this story. The culture complimenting Kelsey's own colourful life where the history and stories from each city paint the story behind Hunt's eyes and compliment his story.

The story is filled with passion and romance is practically thumping off the pages, especially when the couple travel to the romantic climes of Italy. A fab read, I can definitely recommend the whole series, it might follow the girl meets guy, they end up together plot line but the mystery and storyline it takes is something that will have you turning the pages until the very end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Finding It (Paperback)
First off, I'm going to say that it seems like Finding It is a Marmite book. Brits will know what I'm saying, but for the rest of you - you will either love it or hate it. A lot of that will depend on how you feel about Kelsey, the heroine of this tale.

In Losing It, Kelsey was the BFF who gave Bliss the kick up the rear she needed to go out, do a few shots and find a guy. Kelsey hasn't changed a lot since graduation; she is still a party girl, but now she is backpacking around Europe. Kelsey doesn't really have any aim in life except to lose herself in the moment. She uses alcohol to deaden her thoughts, and a lot of readers won't appreciate that as she isn't a great role model. I did find her interesting though. I wanted to know why she was so afraid to think. I understood her reluctance to think about the future, as I'm sure many readers will too. When you don't know what to do with yourself, it is just too much to think about. Her past though was definitely intriguing. Kelsey also isn't that brave really. She comes off as a girl who is up for anything, but really all she does is all she has ever done.

That's why I loved it when she met Jackson Hunt. He isn't the usual guy who falls all over himself trying to impress Kelsey, and that annoys her. Normally she can get any guy she wants with a pout, wiggle and a flash of her `girls', Marilyn and Monroe. (Side comment, so like Kelsey to name her breasts, so unlike anyone else I know!!) Jackson isn't impressed and, in fact, he laughs at her which drives her mad. From then on, he is all she can think about, and it is easy to see why. She can't have him and he is insanely hot. Now the fault in Kelsey is that she doesn't think much. She isn't stupid; she just isn't used to it. She is very instinctual, and that is like my polar opposite. That's why I enjoyed reading about her because it was like a lesson in how the other half live. So she doesn't really micro analyse what's going on, and she doesn't ponder Jackson's depths all that much.

Jackson Hunt is a mystery though. He moves through Kelsey's world in glimpses across busy night spots, always somehow managing to surprise her. She doesn't understand his dilemma either - he seems interested, but he holds back. This infuriates Kelsey. She can't work out what he wants with her because he is so unlike every other guy in her life - they either use her or ignore her. So she gets drawn into him more and more.

Jackson has a very nice line as a `guy in charge'. He looks after Kelsey when she needs him most, and he glimpses the real her, someone no one sees, not even Kelsey herself. This is enough for him to ask her to give him a week; a week to show her life, because he realizes what no one else does - for all her party girl, wild child appearance, Kelsey is just sticking to what she knows and the real adventures are passing her by as she numbs herself with fake friends, alcohol and conquest after conquest.

So you might not identify with Kelsey, but I, like Jackson, became enchanted with the few glimmers of the real girl. The girl who hasn't got much real self esteem, she only acts the part. It may take quite a leap of faith too to accept that two people who don't really know each other would go on this journey together, because maybe that isn't something you would do. But once I was `with Kelsey' it seemed natural to me. No one takes care of her normally, and so it would be quite intoxicating when someone wanted to. Kelsey's family are pretty superficial, it seems, and all they care about is appearances. So she doesn't feel bad for spending as much as she can during her trip - that isn't something I can particularly identify with, but it seemed to me to be the only way she could really hurt them, and as you will find out, she has her reasons for that, which I think were pretty solid.

I just adored the journey that Kelsey and Jackson went on. I felt her fatigue when she had to keep going longer than she ever would have before, with her heavy backpack. I felt her sighs at all the trains, over night sleeping and exhaustion the following day, and then I felt her wonder when she saw what Jackson was showing her. Cora painted such a beautiful vision of Europe that I felt like I was there, and I fell in love. In those settings, I felt every little shift in Kelsey and Jackson's relationship and ached for them to admit their feelings. For Kelsey, that wasn't a problem. She was quite upfront in trying to break Jackson's resolve, using her old reliable tricks. I just loved how he didn't fall for them though - it made Kelsey be a bit more genuine and started breaking through to the real Kelsey. That was another thing that I loved too - how little by little she let herself become very vulnerable with him.

I won't spoil the details or the ending, as I have already gone into Finding It quite a bit. I feel that some will judge Kelsey harshly, and that is a little unfair. She isn't like Bliss or Max, but she has good reason, and she does indeed find herself in the end. This was a journey of self-discovery and it wouldn't have been half so satisfying if she wasn't so outlandish to start with. I came to love Kelsey, and I hope you do too. I think my favourite Cora leading man is still Cade, as Jackson is still a little mysterious right now. But I am really looking forward to his novella, which is out next year, as there is a lot left to find out about him. I anticipate a lot of swooning going on then. One final word - so far I haven't mentioned hotness. It was scorching; Cora gets better and better and hooking me with every book, I was positively writhing along with Kelsey!! *blush*

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Finding It (Kindle Edition)
So I have read Losing It and Faking it, and went into Finding It expecting it to be pretty much of the same standard -i.e. I liked it, but didn't love, love, LOVE it. Well, I was sorely disappointed....this one blew the others out of the water. It just seems to have more depth, that 'real' feeling that I really crave as a reader.
Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Romance and well written humor .. it will make you smile!, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Finding It (Kindle Edition)
This book made me smile and laugh from the very beginning until it get really serious at the end. Of course, what is a story without drama. Even though It reminds me of "The Edge of Never " and that film with Mandy Moore being as the President daughter going wild in Europe not knowing the guy she went out with was actually a secret bodyguard of her." Coras' sense of humor was far different from the previous books I've read and the characters' are likeable, Kelsey and Jackson. Once I started reading, I never really put it down until I finished it. I like the development of the story, its not much and its not less , it really gives you that happy content feeling when reading a book and not stressing as well.
This is not really a complaint but I hope that Cora did find closure on Kelsey's childhood problem because to me there will always be a trigger for her and it didn't mention if that problem has been resolved after months of being parted with Jackson although she did make a fresh start and wrote to her parents, but would be nice if the parents made amends as well . On the other hand, Cora just gave us a glimpse of Jackson nightmare, is it an illness or just temporary, is it gonna be a problem for the two of them. Or their love and time is enough to heal them both. So i really think there were no closure on these issues but it doesn't affect the ending of the story. OMG , the non-stop love letters and sketches, seriously so sweet , give me Jackson anytime .

The book is worth reading and I'm glad i read it.

Finding It
Finding It by Cora Carmack (Paperback - 10 Oct 2013)