Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 October 2013
I would strongly advise that this trilogy be read in order - Incubus, Water Witch then Dark Possession, as the author develops the characters and relationships throughout the three books.

After Water Witch I started on the Dark Swan Rising (written by Carol Goodman and her husband hence the author name Lee Carroll) trilogy and was very disappointed in the way it ended - I was left with more questions than were answered and felt the last few chapters were rushed. Due to this, and my love of the first two Fairwick Chronicles, I was very wary of reading Dark Possession however the book is fantastically written, answers all the readers questions (and more) is, in parts, very emotional and was, simply, a perfect end to the trilogy.

I don't want to spoil the trilogy for others so all I will say is it is a beautiful blend of fairies, demons and humans with romance, conflict, betrayal and compassion. It is a page turner and, having read it 3 times now, one that you will never tire of. HIGHLY recommended
on 17 February 2014
It has been almost a year since I started my journey into Callie's world, almost a year since I stepped out of her world with the end of The Water Witch, yet when I picked up this book it felt like I had only briefly stepped out of her world. I was instantly drawn back into her world with ease, there was no uncomfortable grasping the memories edge to remember what had happened because Goodman cleverly includes small reminders into the story so that we see once again what happened through Callies memories. So much so that this book could be read as a standalone, I personally wouldn't recommend it, because you would be missing out on so much more.

Once again I am struck with how well written these books are. Goodman provides us with extended descriptions which make, you the reader, feel as though you are really there alongside Callie experiencing everything she does and feeling what she feels, this was every bit a heart warming tale, filled with action, emotion, adventure, magic and love.

This book is one of those true page turners, one that when you put it down you are itching to pick it back up and find out what will happen next. This book is very much like the previous two books in the series, in that it stays with you when you close its pages. This is one of those series that I can see me losing myself in time after time. If this is the standard of all of Goodman's books then I really must go and have a look at what else she has written. If all modern day fairy tales where as good as this I doubt I would read anything else.
Ok the third book in the series and to be honest, not having read the others I was more than a little apprehensive about starting, after all I'd miss out some of the in series references alongside getting to judge how the characters had grown over the series.

That said however I soon found myself eagerly drawn into this inventive world by Carol. I loved the way she brought the historical time period to life, added her own touch of mysticism and then blended it altogether with a cracking lead character that I could not only associate with but one that I wanted to achieve her own goals. Its wonderfully written, almost cinematic in its own right and to be honest if the first two are this good, I'm really going to have to go back and make the time to sit down with them.

All round great fun and a book that I was more than pleased I read especially when you get to see some wonderful turns of phrase from an author who clearly loves what she's doing. Great stuff.
on 19 October 2013
I pre-ordered this book before its UK release as I was eager to read it. I've read - inhaled - both Incubus and Water Witch. This third, and final, book of the series did not disappoint.

Once again the tale is full of emotion, action, adventure and, of course, magic! I really enjoyed how Cailleach returned in time to find the Angel Stone. All of the characters are, as in the other books, strong and memorable. And the love? Oh, how it tugged at my heart strings and brought tears to my eyes. The ending made me sigh - in a good way. I know I will want to reread this series time again.

This series is the first I have read by Carol Goodman but will not be the last. Off now to look up some of her other books . . .
on 16 October 2013
I loved this ending, it kept me enthralled the whole way through and I didn't think I would enjoy the change in time setting but was pleasantly surprised!

Obviously if you've read the first 2 then this is a must read to find out what happens to Callie and her incubus and I was definitely not disappointed in the turn of events that lead to the conclusion of the story!

It only took me 2 nights to finish the book and that was because I couldn't put it down- I would however have liked a bit more on "what happens next" !
VINE VOICEon 3 July 2014
I liked this 3rd book in the Fairwick Chronicles, but it seemed to drag on somewhat in the middle and lost it's momentum. I find this regularly with trilogies though.

In this book Callie's quest takes her from home in this century to 17th century Scotland where the demon she once fell in love with is still very much a man.

If you have read the first two novels in this series, you really must read this one, although, I didn't think it is as good as the first two.
on 21 October 2013
I devoured this book over a few days and loved it. It was great to see the story develop with new characters to keep it alive. Goodman gives you a real depth to her characters that just ,makes you love them like real people. I did feel the end was a bit abrupt and slightly disappointing as I flicked to the next page and realised that she ended it so suddenly. You can see the twists coming a mile off but that doesn't stop the enjoyment. Can;t wait for her next series!!
on 31 August 2015
It's actually called The Dark Possession here in the UK.It was very good.Lots of detail in this book and less of the sex stuff in this book.It was almost like it didn't belong to the other two.The only criticism I have is the ending.It felt rushed and unfinished but then I don't quite know what I was expecting.I think I am someone who isn't too good with endings maybe.
on 3 September 2015
A brilliant conclusion to the trilogy. So good I was unable to put the book down until I had read the last word of the last sentence in the last paragraph. Very cleverly written so that the reader can piece together all the different parts of the story and, with hindsight, see how it all falls into place chronologically. Well worth reading again.
on 7 November 2013
What a fantastic triliogy, fast paced, exciting, slighty spooky, and a love story to boot, what more could you ask for?. i raced through these books,they were very enjoyable, but now i have finished them i feel like ive lost friends, thats how well written the characters are. Brilliant