5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling revelation from a brave girl
Not a subject I thought I'd really want to read about, but a friend who'd been particularly shocked by the case persuaded me to buy it. This book is a compelling, revealing and, indeed, a shocking read. A well written story that had me welling up in places, angry, frustrated. Could be a film, if anyone's brave enough.

The story grips you, but it's educational...
Published 19 months ago by William

3.0 out of 5 stars heart breaking book
Very enlightening book about how easy it is for rebelias teenagers to fall into the trap of these evil men. They should have got life. The girl has to live with it for the rest of hers. Poor kid
Published 13 months ago by Eva

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling revelation from a brave girl, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them (Paperback)

The story grips you, but it's educational too. I thought I knew what "grooming" was... but I didn't. I just knew a dictionary definition of the word. This girl has lived it. I didn't really understand how a middle-class life could end up in such horrors. I didn't understand how a girl could be so ensnared by an evil gang, despite not being locked up or anything. Girl A was 'free' to do as she pleased, but the psychological hold they put on her is clear - and stronger than any chains. Her decisions are perplexing at times... but I think that just illustrates how she was gripped. And what a life some people lead - the offenders must have such a weird outlook on life - can they ever change in prison? And the poor girls. It's a cultural eye-opener - a culture within my own home county. Unfortunately, I understand that it goes on in a lot of people's home counties.

You get the feeling that she could have broken free much earlier, if she'd had any sort of support from the authorities, which also raises emotions. I'll not explain why here.

It's not a spoiler to say that she did break free in the end (it's on the front cover!)... I really hope she can use the convictions to mentally put it all behind her and move on.

I finished the book on Sunday... but it's one of those that stays in your head days later, leading me to write this glowing review now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl A's Story the Final Act as yet to be played out!, 16 Nov. 2013
I have read Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them by Anonymous (Girl A) (10 Oct 2013).

I have never felt the need to comment upon a product\book item on Amazon being a customer for over a decade but this book left me incensed.

What comes through very clearly in the book is that the Police, CPS, Social Services etc. etc. did not undertake their legal duties & responsibilities to the victims of the paedophile gangs. The body of evidence was there from the outset when the victims first had contact with the various legal bodies and were providing statements & evidence of what was going on in their lives.

Criminal prosecutions need to be brought forward for individuals from the Police, CPS, Social Services etc. etc. for criminal negligence and a dereliction of duty. Sorry does not cut it and we the good people of Britain citizens DO NOT accept their apology & failings from the authorities.

Can we as a community now bring pressure to bear to see individuals from Police, CPS, Social Services stand in the dock and face criminal proceedings for negligence.

Are we going to carry on paying for individuals through our tax system for failing to protect the children from the paedophiles, are we content Police officers will be promoted in the future when he or she failed to take seriously a child evidence that they were a victim of paedophilia gangs, are you content a CPS lawyer will carry on working as a barrister/lawyer earning vast sums of money when their initial decision was not to pursue the allegations in court to bring these paedophiles to justice, are we content that Social Services labelled these children as 'prostitutes' and 'they chose this lifestyle', criminal prosecutions NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and brave, 18 Oct. 2013
I'm so glad these vile perpetrators were brought to justice. It's just a shame that this crime is bigger than people think, lessons have been learned but it needs the children to speak out and the authorities to protect them from the moment they report it.
I'm so glad that girl A has moved a step forward in trying to gain a normal lifestyle,I wish her every success and also her daughter.
Very well written and honest.
Every parent should read as it can happen to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 9 Aug. 2014
This book appalled me,it disgusted me and made me wonder what our society has become.
Almost as bad as the abuse "Hannah" suffered was the way she was treated by the Police and Social Services in Rochdale.The same people in the news once again when Cyril smith was exposed,someone somewhere needs to take a very long look at those who "turned a blind eye" to the child abuse they knew about and why they chose to do so.
The book is far from an easy read but it has to be read to show what can and does go on. Newspaper stories only scratch the surface,"Hannah"'s story,while being difficult to read,shows the numbness and hopelessness that follows the fear and desperation of the victims as well as showing that abusers can be anyone,even supposed pillars of their community.
It also shows the sheer uselessness of those who supposedly protect the innocent,Social Services come out of it very badly indeed,the Police to be fair do seem to have learned from experience.
"Hannah" has been to hell and back,some of the comments here along the lines of "why didn't she stop it" frankly amaze me,she was a CHILD for goodness sake,a vulnerable child being manipulated and bullied by sick and dangerous adults.
Thankfully "Hannah" and others had the guts,and eventually the support,to persevere and see at least some of their abusers locked up.I hope she now realises what an amazing person she is and has made the best of her life,a truly inspiring young woman.
A hard book to get through,you'll be sickened,appalled and horrified.Some of "Hannah"'s abusers got long jail sentences,others have never been caught.They nearly beat her,they nearly finished her but she's out there somewhere hopefully now realising that it wasn't her that was the weak and inadequate one and her bravery has helped improve understanding about the terrible things that were hidden for so long.I finished this book with massive respect for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brave, incredible young woman, 17 Oct. 2013
A must read! A brave young woman put in an impossible position.
Be proud if yourself for staying strong
Inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes for harrowing reading, 15 Oct. 2013
A very compelling read that exposes unpleasant truths about modern Britain and how the most poor and poverty stricken amongst white females are it seems, those most open to abuse. This book is a very sad indictment against modern society, I can only hope the police and social services will be more vigilant in future.
As for girl A, I can only feel the utmost compassion for her and the utmost admiration for her bravery in telling her story. I wish her well in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing, 2 Nov. 2013
I have nothing but praise for "Hannah" and the strength she found to not only see justice done but to share her story. In doing so I hope that she is successful in saving many more girls, vulnerable or otherwise from the clutches of evil men. No matter what race they are. An inspiring,tragic and moving account of something which should never have been allowed to happen in this day and age. I wish this young girl and her family all the best for a brighter future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well told book!, 23 April 2014
Had this book recommended by a friend to me. I could not put it down.
Such a shocking and disturbing story and a real eye opener. I have a 13 year old daughter myself and will be a lot more wiser now after reading Girl A.
Never thought things like this could happen not too far away from where I live.
Hannah is a true fighter and if it was not for her then these animals would not have been brought to justice!
Well done for speaking the truth Hannah and I wish you all the best in the future for you and your daughter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad,shocking but unfortunately so real., 7 July 2014
I attended a Child ex Exploitation day recently and the speaker recommended that we read Child A book. I found it sad, it made me feel sick in the stomach but I am glad I read such a important book. I was quite ignorant about this part of society, I am quite streetwise but I was protected as a child. I think we all need to be mad aware that this happens in our world so we can prevent it happening to our innocent young people. well written and a important read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if not frustrating read, 6 July 2014
This book was recommended to me from a friend. It tells the story of girl'A' from the Rochdale sex ring. The book is such an interesting read and I couldn't put it down. The book will frustrate you as you learn of how this poor girl was let down by everyone. However, it will make you wince at the terrors she has gone through and her amazing courage to bring these disgusting men to justice. A must read.

Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them