4.0 out of 5 stars A great inspiration but who proofed it?
Published 13 months ago by Making time to listen

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I love Tapas I was very excited when I saw this as I like to eat at Tapas Revolution , but this does not have the recipes I choose at Tapas and can't see me using it. Not worth the money
Published 11 months ago by Angie Mac

4.0 out of 5 stars A great inspiration but who proofed it?, 26 Aug 2013
Making time to listen (LIVERPOOL, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Hardcover)
I love this book, it's literally the first cook book in years that has inspired me but it is frustrating. The recipes are simple to follow and very tasty but the book hasn't adequately been proofed and many of the timings are out. We made meatballs today and the instruction is to soak bread in milk and the squeeze the fluid out of the bread and into this mix - but there is no clear instruction on what to then do with the bread, the poor mans potatoes - cut a cm thick and cook for 20mins !!! More like 50! Lots more of these - a bit frustrating but doesn't spoil it

4.0 out of 5 stars Some very good recipes, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book without having heard about the author before, however, was on offer and looked inspiring. Also, I do love spanish food.

I have cooked the Gambas Al Ajillo, and the recipe was spot on and super easy to follow, tasted amazing and does make a lovely tapas dish. The recipe stated that it was for 2 people, however, I assume this depends on how many Tapas dishes you make or if eating as a stand alone dish, but this is fair enough, you need to use your own judgement.

I also did the lovely "Chorizo A La Sidra" and it was again nice an easy to follow and tasted amazing, it went down an absolutely treat. .

However, when it came to the "Churros Con chocolate" I must admit we run in to a few problems. It says you can cook them from frozen or straight away, I cooked some straight away and they where nice but not amazing a bit too heavy, however, when cooking from frozen there is no instructions, just the same cooking instructions 40 - 30 seconds per side as when fresh. However, they certainly needed much longer, and even then they didn't seems amazing.

I was surprised that there isn't a recipe for Patatas Bravas in the book. Also some of the recipes wasn't accompanied by a picture, which I found a bit of a shame.

If I could give this book 4 1/2 I would, it seems to be almost there but a few minor things could be improved. The good thing is that there is lots and lots of really nice recipes to do and a nice variety I can see myself coming back to this book. Also, not all of the recipes needs to be done as a Tapas dish. You could easily turn some of them in to a nice Main Dish.

Overall, a really good Spanish cookbook compared to some of the ones I have seen used.

I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" book for Spanish cooking, 22 Mar 2014
Stephen Doran "dorandoran" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Hardcover)
The "Tapas Revoluton" is a bit of a misnomer but is the name of Omar's London restaurant.

This book has some awesome recipes. I'm a brit who lived in Spain for over 25 years and I have two spanish daughters so I can promise you that the "test" dishes I've done so far have not met with any breaks from my daughters.

The tortilla recipe is absolutely perfect. I've being doing tortilla for decades but everyone agrees that "my" new recipe is the best ever. Likewise Omar's fideua - a gorgeous though little known pasta alternative to paella. I'm hooked!!

I'm a bit of a cook book obsessive (have some 40 at home) but this is the business ladies and gentlemen - alongside Jamie Oliver's Italy and Delia's Christmas, this would be one of my essential top 3 cook books in the whole world.

It's also well written - very straight forward to follow. Do it, go Spanish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must try the garlic soup recipe, easy on the salt and put in bread in last five mins only!, 19 Mar 2014
Love it.
Only a few recipes but they are good.
Maybe some recipes for liver, etc. next time heh?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Hardcover)
I am Spanish and I wanted to give this book like a present and I was surprised when I read it, because the recipes are really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic tapas book, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Hardcover)
Being a tapas lover, and owning multiple tapas books, I have to say that this book really is fantastic. It is full of so many recipes, that can be done as tapas or main meals. The recipes are not too hard to execute, and every one we've tried has been absolutely brilliant. We have cooked so many things from this book, and still have more ear-marked to try; something that doesn't often happen with cook books.It's also a lovely gift because the pages are lovely quality and the pages are crammed with recipes and pictures of the cooked dishes. Very highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good and inspiring, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Kindle Edition)
This book is great. I am really glad I bought it. My only complaint is that I would have liked a picture for each recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures, easy recipes!, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Hardcover)
I really liked the book - it is great not only to go through, but also when you decide to cook some of the recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book., 7 May 2014
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Hardcover)
Lovely recipes and ideal for me. I love tapas and you can add or omit anything you are not keen on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tapas Revolution, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tapas Revolution (Hardcover)
We spend time in Spain and this book is a must if you like Spanish cooking
simple and easy to follow,superb food.

Tapas Revolution
Tapas Revolution by Omar Allibhoy (Hardcover - 15 Aug 2013)