4.0 out of 5 stars Not a novel, not a book on science, but an atheist manifesto
I gave it 4 rather than the 3 I was going to give it, because the reason I thought it was so-so was because there was little there I hadn't read on Freethinker website.

Lots of ranting about the stupidity and intolerance of religion, along with an overview of the currently-under-discussion reasons for why supposedly-rational people believe such claptrap and...
Published 11 months ago by Matt Westwood

2.0 out of 5 stars An expensive disappointment
After the 1st 20% read on Kindle it is a big disappointment to anyone who has read the 1st three books in the series
Like so many " sequels" (whether films or books) it has run out of Oomph ( particularly quirky acerbic Pratchett comments) compared to he previous 3 in the series.The science is fine but is not blended in with much " discworld" shenanigans
Not...
Published 6 months ago by Dr. I. Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another Attempt to Extend the Proper Ambit of Science, 28 April 2013
As with all of Sir Terry's writings, the charm of the peculiar and the sense of humour are superb. The lucid explanations of the scientific matters to be investigated is a Godsend in the modern age when theories are bandied about without an explanation capable of comprehension by the layman of the nature and justification of them. However, the logic of the arguments advanced in respect of the truly nonscientific is execrable. This is yet another attempt by popular scientific writers of a certain hue to convince the public that religious belief is equivalent to superstition and incapable of being supported by historical evidence and logical thought. The fault of course lies in the attempt to make scientific knowledge the only justifiable knowledge. The writers lose sight of the fact that science has to do with how of physical reality and is incapable of properly being extended to the non-physical realities. You cannot weigh or measure or even prove the existence of love or courage or beauty but they all exist and can be appreciated by all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love Terry Pratchett, but........, 22 May 2013
I am a great fan of Terry P, but have found all the 'Science of Discworld' series very hard reads, indeed, I have never managed to fi nish one! The Discworld bits are OK, but the pseudo-science parts - the majority of the books - get very boring. Sorry, Terry, keep on with Discworld, and drop 'The Science of.....'

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to normal standard, 8 May 2013
Lots of waffle little story not up to the normal standard for thi writer in my opinion

Nice package no content

2.0 out of 5 stars Diskworld IV, 11 May 2013
This review is from: The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day (Hardcover)
I think I have most of Terry Pratchett`s Books and enjoyed them all BUT this book has put me of buying any more
If I want to read lots & lots of pages of science i would buy that type of book but I wanted DISKWORLD
Very Disappointed .
Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Erm ..., 14 May 2013
This review is from: The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day (Hardcover)
Throughout my life (and I'm in my Sixties) I've had various Terry Pratchett books thrust on me by well-meaning friends. I find the nonsensical bolloxy magic stuff quite hard to stomach and boring as all hell ... and with this one, all I can say is if you want to write a book about science, then write a bloody book about science. Dumbing it all down and mixing it up with magic/illusion/gobbledygook is irritating. I know Mr. Pratchett has a million-if not-billion followers and is a cult in his own right but I am finding this Judgement Day epistle quite tiring, it's starting to hurt my head. I've read a couple of chapters and will put it away. Maybe when I'm 70, I'll pull it out and have another read. Not overly optimistic about that scenario ever happening though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 24 April 2013
This review is from: The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day (Hardcover)
I thought I was buying another Discworld novel not a physics lesson. It is also actually quite dull. I normally read Discworld books in a day or two. I actually have to force myself to pick this one up.

ARRAY(0xa0a4e240)

The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day
The Science of Discworld IV: Judgement Day by Jack Cohen (Hardcover - 11 April 2013)
9.00