5.0 out of 5 stars Great results for me
Published 6 months ago by fred

Published 6 months ago by alison cooke

3.0 out of 5 stars I decided to try this after a friend recommended it. I followed the diet for 28 days ..., 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight (Paperback)
After two years of steady weight gain, and never having followed a diet-plan before, I decided to try this after a friend recommended it. I followed the diet for 28 days and lost 12 pounds, which was great. I didn't buy organic everything and didn't drink mineral water because it's too expensive. I also switched the hard-to-get items with more readily available (and cheaper) alternatives. The initial week was hard (headaches, tiredness), which I put down to caffeine withdrawal. But right through weeks 2, 3 and 4, I still felt tired a lot of the time, and hungry. The amount of protein is far more than I would ever normally eat and I found this slowed my digestion, which meant I had the opposite to others - constipation! For the final week, I halved the amount of protein and doubled the veggies and felt a lot better. As others have said, the author's style is patronising, the content is repetitive, there are a lot typos in the book, and the portion sizes are very confusing, with several inaccuracies. But some of the recipes are really excellent - I have made them several times and the whole family loves them - and the diet re-introduced me to some really healthy alternatives to wheat that I haven't used for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results for me, 25 Oct. 2014
Best "diet" I have ever done and seen results. It actually has launched me into realizing this way of eating is for life for me; cutting out the sugar, limiting grains, and nourishing my body with good food. Easy to follow, I thought I would have the worst withdrawal but having that "it's just for 28 days" kept me going. I have lost 10lb in 2 months. (Those final ten pregnancy pounds that would not budge for six years no matter what I tried)

1.0 out of 5 stars How to complicate your life for 28 days, 23 April 2015
I was curious about it so I purchased the book to find out the details. Well, I cannot judge the method because I was so bored I could not even read it. It is all over complicated. This works for VIPs with a personal chef, not for us poor mortals who eat lunch at work and cook our own dinners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 9 April 2015
Amazing! I've not been able to follow it to the letter, but just making a few changes I've lost 9llbs in 4 weeks and inches off my hips, waist and tummy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 25 Mar. 2015
Very good book, great knowledge passed by Haylie.
I haven't even fully started the diet and already feeling and seeing the difference!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
The best diet I've ever been on amazing results if you stick to it also feel much healthier

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 April 2015
Bought it on I- pad but easier to follow the plan with the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jan. 2015
Great book, which I have found very useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 28 Mar. 2015
Impulse buy hard to understand

5.0 out of 5 stars really interesting, 25 July 2014
I feel like I have finally found out a really clever and interesting book with lots of tips and explanations on how our body works