4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me but not as easy as she makes out!
I bought this book following the feature in The Saturday Times last month. If you follow this diet as strictly as you can I think weight loss is pretty much guaranteed. I haven't lost 20lbs admittedly but I wasn't hugely overweight to start with. I'm 5'3 and start weight was 9 and a half stone. End weight after 4 weeks is just below 9 stone. And I barely did the exercise...
Published 19 months ago by Highnotes

2.0 out of 5 stars Most people will not lose anywhere near 20lb/9kg
I have recently completed the full 28 day cycle - no cheating, no mistakes, did the correct exercise, special ordered the elusive sprouted grain bread and even bought a food scale. Result - 3.5kg weight loss.
On the Fast Metabolism Facebook page, it seems this is common. Fast 2 kg weight loss in first week, then yo-yoing up and down, with not much weight loss...
Published 19 months ago by Book Bunny

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It is definitely working., 11 Nov 2013
This food combining diet is a revelation to me. I am that person who has tried all the other diets out there and still I struggled with my weight. The diet plan works with your body instead of depriving your body of certain food types. The mixing up of different foods on different days does seem to keep the body working hard as it tries to second guess what is going on.

I regret buying it in kindle form because you have to do a lot of flipping to and fro from meal planners to recipes to food lists. I loved the weekly meal planners.

I have lost 6lb in two weeks, and some weekend cheating! If you feel nothing is shifting the weight anymore then I would say give your body a last 28 day chance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible diet but rather poorly written book, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight (Paperback)
Firstly, I can't recommend this diet highly enough. It really does work and the effects are dramatic. The food is a joy to eat. You are never hungry. My body has changed shape noticeably in less than four weeks and the only downside is that I have had to work hard at shopping for the relevant ingredients.

If you want to follow the diet though, bear the following in mind. You can't be a fussy eater. This eating plan will introduce you to new and varied ingredients. You must be prepared to cook (although you can make up batches for the freezer and almost every meal takes only a few minutes to prepare). You have to stick to it and follow it exactly - no cheating. And you must give up alcohol and caffeine for 4 weeks. However, for me these were sacrifices worth making.

In the first 3 weeks I have lost 12lb so now I am just about at my target weight. 8lb came off in the first week. Last week I maintained my weight but my body completely changed shape. I now have firm muscles where a fortnight ago I had flab. People keep telling me how great I look. I have dieted before with slimming world and weight watchers and have lost similar amounts but it has always been a long drawn out struggle and hard work. This system is so different and works so well I can't imagine ever going back to those old miserable ways.

I started the diet using an article found in a magazine but after a week I was so into it that I bought the book. The book is essential in that it gives you meal plans and recipes and proper instructions for how to proceed. However, there are whole chapters given over to motivational prose and scientific explanations. I wanted the science part and have learnt from it but the style is very repetitive and you have to be quite determined to keep on reading.

I would have preferred less motivational chapters and more illustrations. Less about the author and more recipes and science.

But yes, buy this book and go at the diet. You won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars book review Fadt Metabolidm Diet, 31 May 2013
I lost 12 lb in 5 wks and pleased. U must sleep well and eat routinely for the diet to obtain better results. Tricky for me with young children at home who are wakeful or ill. That shud b taken into consideration in your results!!!! It must b giod as I am going to lose last 7lb on it again soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars just do it, 29 July 2014
For once an eating plan that makes sense and the fact you focus on two or three days at a time means you don't have to project days and days of eating the same stuff. I believe this is scientific and all makes sense. Years and years of sort of knowing what's important but not knowing how to do it. Lots of ideas for recipes. Now all I have to do is do it!! I feel motivated and positive that this will work. Great read. Great advice. Great knowledge. Thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you for not being honest about side effects, 25 May 2013
I really wanted to like this diet. I have been on it for 4 weeks as I bought it as soon as it became available in the UK. And it is true you do lose weight but for some people - myself included there is a high price and she doesn't mention it in the book ANYWHERE.

I have had depression for several years since my first child was born and I have struggled on and off ever since. The 2 non carb days caused me to get very sad and teary. First week I passed it off as hormones. 2nd week I was a bit more sceptical and by 3rd week I had done some research and discovered that very low or no carb diets can reduce the production of seratonin (the stuff you need to fight off depression). You can adjust to it over time but this diet is all about not allowing your body to adjust to anything so every week it has been the same thing - if i don't have carbs then by about 4pm I am in bits.

I am now going to keep doing the bits of this diet that don't make me mentally ill and see whether i still lose weight.

But to not even mention this potentially fatal side effect - shame on you Hayley

3.0 out of 5 stars Follow the rules, 14 May 2014
Take your time to read. Preparation is essential . More recipes would have been helpful but the principles make sense I think. Worth reading. Ps there is an app you can download to help you keep on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 30 July 2013
My husband and I are now into our second week and we have both seen results we haven't had with any other diet regime. I highly recommend this book and the diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work, 25 Jun 2013
E. Vickery "Evvkas" (UK) - See all my reviews
So far about 12 pounds lost and I am on week 4. Not the promised 20 but I did 'sin' enough to justify lesser weight loss.
Relatively well written although I did not appreciate the horse comparison and found the mechanics of metabolism rather boring but some people might enjoy that bit. I would recommend the book and the diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 23 Jun 2013
N (Eastbourne) - See all my reviews
Had an extract of this diet from a newspaper and decided to start it immediately! Then bought the book for more info. The book is a bit American and wordy but a good back ground tool to keep you on track with the diet - well probably just a way of eating for life. It's easy food - nothing processed and you just need to keep track of which day you are on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, it's working for us, 4 Aug 2013
KLP "KLP" (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
When it comes to diets, you choose one that suits you. This suits our lifestyle. The book is clearly written and backed up by what appears to be logical, reasonable science. It doesn't seem faddy or peculiar. The actual sorting out of what you can eat when took us a bit of time to get our heads round (you need to plan ahead at first) but it is clearly laid out in the book. And there are quick reference pages when you need to look something up quickly. We're now into the swing of the diet. And all I can say is that it seems to be working. I would recommend this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›