5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice for an older child., 26 July 2014
B. Harrison "FancyFace" (Thanet, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems (Paperback)
An informative book with practical ideas for babies, children and teens too.

I was struggling (long term) with my 9 year old for a number of reasons - inconsistency and lack of routine, a wealth of delay tactics and an unrealistic expectation from us that he would go to sleep when we wanted if we just got the discipline right. Following the advice in the book we first monitored his actual sleep pattern and then made his bedtime much later (which he loved!) so he could learn to fall asleep immediately without trouble. Slowly we made bedtime earlier. We've settled at 9pm. He goes to sleep without fighting - and without struggling and still gets himself up in the mornings. Happiness all round.

I was determined to find a scientific book about sleep, not about alternative medicine, parenting style or bedtime routine - honestly, we had a bedtime routine... he still didn't sleep. I also needed to find a book that didn't focus on babies... my boy was a great baby with no sleep trouble. This book ticked all the boxes and also explained a few other things I found simply interesting to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 8 May 2013
I bought this book because my 8 months old baby was waking up 4 times a night, every night!! It is a very interesting book, helps you understand sleep. It is a bit too technical at times. The technique showed is quite hard to apply ( it is heart broken) but it DOES work!! Two days later and my baby sleeps until 5.30 - 6.00 am every night!! I am very pleased!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems (Paperback)
Very interesting, informative, scientifically based book. I found answers not only for the problem of waking during the night (the controlled crying method DID work, it was a miracle), but also, how to stop night feedings, nap problems etc. There are also information for older children and all kind of sleep problems. Easy to use (you don't have to read it all). I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems (Paperback)
Many don't agree with Dr Ferber's methods and nor do I. But I read this book on the advice of my GP when my 9 month old was still waking several times a night. The first half of the book gave me information about sleep and babies' sleep that made me feel for the first time that I was on terra firma - I saw immediately and with confidence what the problems with my baby were. Since the lack of sleep and my lack of understanding had left me on the brink of sanity, this was so much relief! And then I devised my own remedy - as Dr Ferber says in his introduction that he thinks you should. No need to leave your child to cry, it worked for us (on our gentle change schedule) in weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective., 18 Jun 2014
KC (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems (Paperback)
We tried the Sleep Method and others.. For our 4 month old this worked almost immediately, now moving on to managing night feeds with a fair bit of confidence.

Simple to follow which is what sleep deprived parents need!

Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems
Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber (Paperback - 3 Jan 2013)