4.0 out of 5 stars A good self help book
This book provides 5 so-called "Tools" (i.e. mental exercises) that can be used in various situations in which you may need help. For example there is a Tool to deal with negativity and another to deal with a lack of motivation and so on.

Published on 6 Aug. 2012 by Caspar Thomas

I had hoped for what the title promised me-some new tools . Unfortunately all it describes are some already well known nlp ideas, adding nothing at all to any therapist's repertoire. It's a perfect example of taking an idea from a field and re-packaging it as something new.
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good self help book, 6 Aug. 2012
Caspar Thomas (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tools (Hardcover)

The book makes it clear that it is not a magic pill that will cure all your ills after one read through. It is up front about the fact that applying the Tools requires work and that that work must be kept up continuously in order for the benefit of the Tools to be ongoing.

The book is practical in the sense that the Tools have come about (and been refined) through testing what exercises work on numerous patients and then tweaking them to be as effective as possible. However, the explanation given as to why they work includes the idea of "higher forces" - the details of which are not discussed. These higher forces can be interpreted by the reader as he/she wishes and the authors are careful not to say that they are a god.

In summary - although as the authors state the exercises do require consistent work - I believe the exercises could be truly beneficial, and the book is an interesting read in itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tools for the open minded, 4 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Tools (Hardcover)
Fabulous book, I found it easy to read and understand and put the tools into practice.

I must add though, that I feel that some understanding of the law of attraction/higher forces/ The Universe etc is an advantage when it comes to understanding the concepts in this book.

I have read a broad range of books so have a fair understanding and am already finding these tools pretty powerful.

Really glad I read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book really works!, 1 July 2012
This review is from: The Tools (Hardcover)
I can't remember how many self-help books I have read over the years but what I do know, is that this book actually offers practical help. Most books will try to educate you with all sorts of information and explanations about why you may have a certain problem, but they do not offer any form of long-term solution. Same for lots of forms of therapy. You can talk your head off but when you do not receive some sort of practical advice, you get none the wiser.

This book, however, gives you practical solutions to difficulties you may experience in different circumstances. It contains 'tools', i.e. exercises, you need to practice and use every day. The writers even created a tool which helps you stay motivated to practice the tools. The writers know from experience (they are a psychiatrist and a psychologist) that it's human nature to stop with exercises as soon as people see some result. In order to keep having these positive results, you need to keep using the tools. That's why the writers have been the first smart authors of a self-help book to add an incentive to keep practising.

I have purchased this book based on the blog of the authors and I can tell you that it has helped me a great deal so far! The exercises are easy to do and only take a few minutes, the more you practice the faster you go through them. I would recommend this to anyone who could use a little help in everyday life (i.e. everyone)! Read it and love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sense articulated, 8 April 2014
This review is from: The Tools (Paperback)
I felt like I was bizarrely reading the story of my life when perusing this book such as it articulated many issues I am currently up against but didn't really conceptualize adequately.

Whether the 'tools' will assist is the next step and I'll try with a huge effort to implement them and come back to this review at the end of the year with a genuine update of the efficacy .

It looks promising so far though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Self Help is Hard Work, 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Tools (Kindle Edition)
The Tools is a welcome addition to the Self Help catalogue. Achieving success, happiness, fulfilment or whatever one's personal goal is requires the employment of tools that need to be mastered, concentration and devotion. Most refreshing is the clearly stated message that achieving satisfaction with one's place in the Universe is no easy task.

5.0 out of 5 stars changed the way I live my life, 6 April 2014
This review is from: The Tools (Kindle Edition)
I would definitely read this if you need a way to move forward because you have become stuck. I engaged with this book on every level, I only wish it could be freely available to every one as a way of living your life. It has explained more to me about what religion is really all about than anyone else ever has, without being at all religious as we know it. Thank you for giving me a way forward Barry and Phil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Tools (Kindle Edition)
I'm still reading it, but so far it has some great stuff! It's a book I know I will read again and again for reference.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a perfect example of taking an idea from a field and ..., 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Tools (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars The hardback book is tiny!!!! But still very good., 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Tools (Hardcover)
I mistakenly bought this under the impression it was the 'hardback' version of the book with the same name also listed in the search results so when a tiny stocking filler of a book fell out onto the floor my girlfriend laughed in my face. I will have to remember to check book dimensions in the future, but luckily the book still covered the highlights of the original, just with fewer real life examples.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional book, 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Tools (Kindle Edition)
As soon as I started using the tools, miraculous things starting happening and appearing in my life with my business and personal life. In fact when practicing yoga, a position I had so much fear doing, i desired that fear and bam I was up in full bridge yey!!

I will read this again, as I understand that this isn't a quick fix but ongoing process to live a happy fulfilled life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Tools
The Tools by Barry Michels (Paperback - 3 Jan. 2013)