5.0 out of 5 stars At last a British biscuit book!
Miranda caught my eye on the first series of the Great British Bake Off with two things, first her chocolate cake with decorative buttons...AND her beautiful iced biscuits, they were so delicate and such lovely works of pure baking art far too pretty to eat!

Her first book 'Biscuit' is full of recipes for all kinds of biscuits, everyday biscuits, special...
Published on 25 April 2012 by Susan M McKenzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes, but ...
I chose this book because of the wide choice of recipes, and especially because it's one of the very few books that has any savoury biscuit recipes. There's a lot about this book that I love, but ...

On the plus side:
- it's beautifully produced and engagingly written
- some of the recipes are really good and I'll definitely make them again, eg the...
Published on 2 Dec. 2012 by Rosa

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
An excellent book full of great recipe ideas for biscuits. It includes some familiar ideas and more usual biscuits to try. Gluten free options feature, too. This is a really valuable addition to my cookbook collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely baking book, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my mum for Mother's Day and within hours we had the first creation! The book is packed with easy to make biscuits, both traditional and new ideas. Really nice photos and great choice of recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book! Highly recommend if you are a lover ..., 22 Aug. 2014
M. Perkins (Worcester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
Fantastic book! Highly recommend if you are a lover of easy to follow baking recipes. It's very clear that she knows these recipes inside out. I've baked four different ones so far and they have all been fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 26 Nov. 2012
L. Bowers "Looloo" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
This book is just one of those books that you know will remain in the kitchen to be used and used again, a real favorite. I cannot praise it enough. If you like baking biscuits than you need this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biscuit recipe book, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
I was delighted with the content if this remarkably priced book. The author a winner of 'The Great British Bake Off' knows her subject and has provided an excellent range and choice of recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars one of my favourite baking books, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
I borrow a lot of cook books from the library and this is the only one which I have liked enough to buy my own copy. I have tried 3 recipes from it so far; spekuloos and garibaldis, as these are two of my favourite biscuits and I've never seen recipes for them anywhere before, and Bakewell biscuits. They all worked out well especially the bakewell biscuits. The garibaldis were quite fiddly and didn't look very good but they tasted fine. I am looking forward to trying many more. I like the variety of styles and the seasonal sections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
Loved Miranda on the Great British Bake & I was so excited when I read in the newspaper she was bringing out a book, well I just had to have her Biscuit book & I am not disappointed

3.0 out of 5 stars Talking down, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
"Biscuit" is mildly interesting with some good ideas. But the tone irritated me: it addresses the cook as though they have half a brain and have never baked a biscuit before. The blurb doesn't say it's aimed at the novice. The biscuit names were particularly annoying since in many cases you can't tell what they are until you've read the whole recipe: what are "biscuits for adventures" or "coat pocket biscuits"? All a bit twee, and how do you remember them to look them up in the index for a repeat? Not the revealing and stimulating biscuit book I was hoping for - so I'm glad I didn't pay full price when I bought it on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
It's not encouraging when you buy a book and there is an erratum sheet in it! I have come across several recipes that have ingredients listed and that not specified in the text of the recipe and to be honest, I find the book disappointing. I think that Miranda should have spent more time proof-reading and less time with the twee comments about her children and "yummy mummy" life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book!, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Biscuit (Hardcover)
Some interesting and unusual recipes in here, as well as the basics. As others have said, these are recipes for biscuits, and not interminable variations on the cookie theme.

I haven't tested them all yet, but I'm working on it... (and those I have tried have been very nice indeed).

Biscuit
Biscuit by Miranda Gore Browne (Hardcover - 5 April 2012)
Used & New from: £7.96