5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for design fans

it is ok
Published 29 days ago by nader

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for design fans, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
Bought this delightfully illustrated book for my wife as one of her Christmas presents. We both love the work of Sanna Annukka and this is her first book so I can see it being a collector's item of the future. She designs for Marrimekko too and her graphic design is mid-century influenced. The photo of the book shows it to be a dark green when in fact it is more lime green (just to mention. The words and illustrations together make it suitable for both kids and adults alike. Perfect stocking filler!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to treasure, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
I recently received this book as a gift from a pal who loves beautiful books as much as I do. The story of the little tree who can't enjoy his beautiful life in the forest as he is always longing for something else is poignant and charming, and Sanna Annukka's stunning illustrations are such a refreshing change from the Disney-style of illustration that has become so common in books of fairy tales in recent years. Everything about this book makes it a joy to hold and behold. The end papers, the binding, the quality of the paper and the printing all make this very special and this is a book I will treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quaintly illustrated, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
A lovely story and Sanna Annuka's illustrations made it a pleasure to read and look at. I bought this book for the illustrations and was delighted with the print quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifull scandinavian illustration, 25 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
Beautifull illustrations from ScandinaviŽ. Craftmanship and à little bit of Marimekko inside. This small book is beautifull printed and handbook binded

4.0 out of 5 stars Scandi style, 30 Dec 2013
K Cicero (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
This is a really lovely book, with beautiful illustrations. The text is also very nicely translated. I bought this for myself, although I do have young children, as I am interested in the illustrator and Nordic design in general. My only criticism is that that the cover of the book is lovely and embossed, but the pictures sometimes feel a bit flat - it would be amazing to see them on higher quality paper, or with a more multi-dimensional feel. But for this price, the book is great. A deluxe version would also be nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful book, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book, the illustrations are wonderful - perfect for any arty person into scandinavian design or contemporary printmaking. The story has a strong Buddhist message, ideal for an adult in particular

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book!, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
Love Sanna's illustrations and this is a compilation of some of them within this charming story. Really good quality hard backed book. Not just for children

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely illustrations, 13 May 2013
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
I love Sanna Annukka's prints and bought this book mostly because I can't afford the original artworks. The book is beautifully illustrated, I just only wish it was in a larger format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely present, 7 April 2013
O. Martin (Barcelona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
I bought it for my niece and goddaughter because I love H.C. Andersen and I love illustrated tales books. She liked it a lot and it has become one of her favourite books. I even think in buying one for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Fir Tree (Hardcover)
Love the illustrations throughout, perfect little book! Would love more books and art work buy Sanna!
Excellent quality and design...

The Fir Tree
The Fir Tree by Sanna Annukka (Hardcover - 18 Oct 2012)