Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 December 2011
Hilarious, emotional, relatable and right on. 'Part memoir, part rant', this book was everything I was expecting and more. It made me THINK about what it really is to be a woman these days (something I don't get to do a lot of, what with all the child-rearing and other womanly stuff that consumes my life).

Reading this book is like chatting with your funniest, coolest friend. I'll be reading it again ... and again.
on 8 August 2011
I bought this book for myself and my grandaughter. Luckily she has just HAD her first baby because the chapter on childbirth (for Caitlin) would have really scared her - let's face it, it's scary enough just imagining it!
I love reading Caitlin's columns in The Times and just had to buy the book. I'm very glad I did because it is (apart from the odd chapter - see above) is a real hoot. And so very accurate...
on 5 August 2015
Very funny woman is Caitlin. Great read, couldn't put it down
on 25 April 2015
Funny and intelligent. Really good read with a strong message
on 10 September 2014
This book has me in fits of giggles every time I pick it up.
on 6 February 2013
This is the funniest book I have ever read!!!! I was on the tube laughing so much I was crying and in danger of having an accident. It is so wonderfully written - from the first pages I am only laughing harder and harder..... Not yet finished but I don't want it to end! A real trip down memory lane. Cailin Moran is a truly brilliant writer. I have not laughed this hard in a very long time!
on 7 December 2012
Though there were some aspects of Moran's concept of feminism that I did not agree with, she is a hilarious writer. She talks about subject matters which are very cringey yet you can't help admiring her for choosing to write about them. It is more a personal history of Moran and what has shaped her views on feminism as opposed to an actual book on feminist theory or history.
on 2 November 2012
Really enjoyable read for any woman, or man. I love Caitlin's writing style and I laughed out loud at many parts of it. Really wish I had read this a few years ago when I was younger, as would certainly have taken on board some of the musings offered. A really good read, which allows you to feel you are being read to aloud by the delightful Caitlin, as you sit by a log fire.
on 6 July 2011
I love reading Caitlan's weekend columns and expected from the reviews this book would have me rolling in fits of laughter, but it does not. I did not laugh out loud once, smiled a few times but not what I was hoping for. Really disappointed. Would not buy this given a second choice.
on 14 June 2015
This should be a part of school curriculum for teenagers!