5.0 out of 5 stars Great for busy families
Published on 15 Jan 2011 by S. A. Broadhurst

2.0 out of 5 stars Not inspiring!
Maybe it's because I am already cooking everyday, but this book does not inspire me at all! As a mother of three boys, I wanted ideas for new meals easy and fast to do! The layout looks like an old book. I am not a big fan of fish and it's full of fish recipes. I know fish is healthy so I decided to have a look, but again didn't get inspire! I find the recipes in general...
Published on 7 July 2012 by F. Morimont

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for busy families, 15 Jan 2011
S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
A new series of recipe books by Ebury Publishing called My Kitchen Table. The series is accompanied by a website:[...] which includes recipes and videos and also information about the chefs. There are currently seven books within the series all written by some of the top chefs and cover a number of genres: curries, family meals, cakes and bakes, pasta meals, stir fries, fish and meals in minutes.

Annabel Karmel's book is on family meals and is split into seven sections: breakfast bites, chicken, fish, meat, veggie, snacks and sweet treats. Each section contains many recipes which are accompanied by full page, colour photographs. There is a brief introduction to each recipe which often includes some history to the meal or some quick tips. The recipe details how many it will serve, a full ingredient list and the instructions are split into up to five steps. The recipes are easy to follow and some include alternative suggestions to the recipes.

The recipes included in the book all look gorgeous and will appeal to adults and children alike. There are soups and main meals. pasta dishes, rice dishes and pizzas to name but a few. Children will enjoy looking through the book for something to have for dinner and are sure to find something that appeals. There are also recipes for power packed oat bars which is something I am planning on trying to try and stop reaching for chocolate mid afternoon.

I would recommend this book to busy parents everywhere, a great book which should be in every family's busy kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 18 July 2013
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
Lovely book some great recipes we all love. Quick, Easy and simple to follow. I also got the weaning book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, a staple in my kitchen!, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
This is my favourite recipe book and it has so far been real good value for money! I have cooked at least a fifth of all the recipes so far. I use it regularly and many pages are already scibbled with my own comments. AK has gathered a useful selection of classic popular dishes from various cultures plus some surprising combinations. Most recipes contain a lot of vegetables, which I find important when preparing family meals. Many dishes are also suitable for freezing, so I tend to cook big batches. The small size of the book makes it a handy book to have around in the kitchen at all times (whereas I store other recipe books away) - Anyway, thanks to this booklet I need less other recipe books! I am going to order a few copies to gift to other mums.
We particularly like the banana bread (which is sometimes mistaken for a chocolate cake although it contains no chocolate!) and Pad Thai (The various ingredients to this dish are however a real investment, so it makes sense to cook it regularly or to try other recipes from the book which ask for them)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great range of interesting and easy to cook recipes, 19 July 2011
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
I'm a bit of a AK fan and when I saw this book, I thought for the price it seemed like a good idea. I've been really pleased with it and it's a real bargain! I am rather surprised however at the number of recipes which contain sugar, seems a lot of the main courses do but I just miss it out.
Planning to invest in the rest of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good home cooking, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
Have been using a number of these recipes on my fussy two and a half year old with great success. Only downsides are that there is a bit of duplication with other AK recipe books and that there are a lot of ingredients so can be a bit more time consuming to make - but worth the effort!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 8 July 2014
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
Good selection of recipes to try

5.0 out of 5 stars Very grateful we bought., 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
Outstanding!! Cannot praise this book enough and have made a good proportion of the recipes now, every one being a success. I like the way the book is organised into chapters such as chicken, vegetables, fish, meat etc and of course desserts :-) I believe other books have some of the same recipes but this is my only book and so I'm a very happy customer indeed! Oh and the flapjacks are the best I've ever tasted ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab ideas, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals (Paperback)
I bought this for inspiration and this book certainly does the job, great new food ideas and simple to make x

4.0 out of 5 stars great food ideas, 14 Jun 2013
I like that there are pictures for each dish. My son is a very fussy eater at 3 and a half. He loves to help me prepare the dishes and he eats up all his food! Fab ideas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy!, 28 May 2013
So glad I bought this book, lots of easy and delicious recipes and plenty for children to get stuck in to.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals
My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals by Annabel Karmel (Paperback - 6 Jan 2011)