Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 February 2013
This is a very well presented and photographed book. It has quirky and original introductions and descriptions - but the recipies were slightly unusual for my taste. I was hoping to find a range of traditional recipies as an introduction to sweet making - but instead I got recipies such as Pear & Chestnut Truffles, Prunes & Brandy Ganache and Brandy Almond Dates. 90% of the flavour combinations left me, personally, cold. I'm looking forward to trying maybe 3-4 recipies, but that is all - far to exotic for my conservative taste buds.
on 18 December 2013
I have just got interested in making chocolates this book was fantastic for recipies and ideas and so easy to follow
and full of humor finding it hard to put down and my friends loved the chocolates I have made so far
on 30 October 2013
This is a gorgeously quirky little book. It's funny, witty and full of mouth-watering recipes and photographs. I learnt to make fudge properly for the first time in my life from reading this book and it wasn't hard either!
Very original and relatively simple recipes (Black Forest fudge, Malted Nougat and Lime & Coconut Truffles are my favourites) - perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon! Tip: Buy a sugar thermometer along with this book. You can't go wrong if you do it properly :)
on 27 December 2012
This is an excellent book for starting with simple chocolate recipes. I had never made chocolates before, but wanted to make some as Christmas gifts. There are also more advanced recipes for when I am feeling stronger, have more time and more experienced! Its quite a messy business this chocolate making, so I would recommend wearing surgical gloves. Cut down the time in washing sticky hands all the time.

I did however get a little fed up with the extra bits of info I didnt need. i.e. "Mr Arthur Whitlow at the 1953 Pigeon and Ferret Fanciers Fair with just a single blow to the left buttock". Funny comments here and there are scattered through the book, but I would prefer just to keep the recipe pages for that alone. I dont need to do the extra reading.!

But on the whole very enjoyable and a book I will use again and again.
on 16 April 2011
i cannot help but write a review of this lovely book. the photos are mouth-watering, the recipes easy to follow, and the final products delicious! my husband is the most well looked after man in the neighbourhood as far as sweets are concerned!
on 14 April 2011
This is a fabulous book and a "must have" for anyone with a sweet tooth. Reading this book reminded me of being a child and stepping into a sweetshop (Ms Hope should know how this feels)- you're met with choice, almost too much choice, and you want to make everything now! My challenge wasn't deciding what to make, but what to cook first. Here's to a Sunday afternoon baking-fest.
on 12 April 2011
This has to be one of the most wonderful books ever created for you and the family to cook at home and take to grannys.
I love the intelligent writing and the small details that unravel whist turning each page.
As for the nostalgic pictures that bring those memories flooding back, are lovely to just stare at.
I have followed allot of recipe books and not always to they work, Though Miss Hopes Chocolate Box i rate 5 stars because it never lets me down and is always yummy!
on 13 March 2011
This is a very pretty vintage style book - as you would expect from Hope and Greenwood. The book is full of delightful old fashioned recipes for chocolates, sweets and cakes... There are some amusing little notes and comments throughout - which give it a sense of fun. I have made a few of the sweets and they are truly delicious. This book would make a great present; as would a box of any of the wonderful treats made from the recipes.
on 8 February 2013
This book was bought for a 13 year old with a very sweet tooth for Christmas. It was full of interesting and fairly straight forward recipes with clear instructions and attractive illustrations. My niece loved it and was keen to get making.
on 27 April 2013
I bought the book for my niece, a budding cook, who absolutely loved it and was tickled pink by the text which is delightful. I liked the book so much that I have put in a plea to receive it for my birthday. Will have to wait and see.