5.0 out of 5 stars 3 day nanny
Particularly liked the tips on what to say to your child, the tone and how to make things sound exciting when trying to get them to visit the loo, try a new food or distract them. Very well written and easy to navigate.
Good for potty training.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 day nanny, 21 Oct 2013
Good for potty training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely marvellous!!, 15 Aug 2014
Mrs. Margaret Wrenn (Hartlepool UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 3-Day Nanny: Simple 3-Day Solutions for Sleeping, Eating, Potty Training and Behaviour Challenges (Paperback)
This was a revelation! Our grandson has been giving us the run-around for some time now (he is three) and it was getting very wearing. Suddenly with this information things have changed dramatically, he is a much happier boy, and we are certainly much happier grandparents!! Keep up the good work, and thanks!!

MW.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy!, 19 Nov 2013
Being a mum of twins i had 1 sleeping great and 1 not, awake most of night and eventually in our bed. Needed help, i am happy to say we are on 14 days
of all sleeping soundly. I honestly thought it couldn't be done, totally amazed she is a miracle worker! You MUST try it if your having problems, it really does works.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 26 Sep 2013
This book really helped our household and we are now a closer family because of it. I do not agree with some of the other reveiws and advise you to give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 11 Dec 2013
Have seen Kathryn on TV so I decided to get her book as I liked some of her ideas. It's been a good read so far !

3.0 out of 5 stars No good if you want a gentle sleep training approach, 13 July 2012
I ordered this book after reading one of the other reviews which said "Move Over Gina Ford". From that I assumed mistakenly that there would be a gentle approach to sleep training. In fact it is more akin to a Cry It Out method (even worse than ferberising) as on the first occasion she advises that you do not go in more than twice. In fact you are only supposed to go in if there is a Crescendo Cry i.e. 5 minutes of absolute solid crying with no pauses. If your baby cries for 4 minutes and then pauses for 2 seconds, cries for 3 minutes, pauses for 2 seconds then that is not a Crescendo Cry so you do not go in. For afternoon naps if baby sleeps for less than an hour then you are supposed to leave them to cry it out for FORTY MINUTES to see if they will settle back. I do not have the heart to do this and will be using the gradual retreat method instead. I will however be using her tips on eating plans and behaviour as they seem to be based on sound common sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Oct 2013
The best book I've ever read! We'll worth every penny. My son would wake at least 4 times in the night and did so every night until he was 1. Decided to buy this book and sure enough 3 days later he now sleeps through the night, in his cot in his own room. I didn't think it was possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars support for older children at last!, 7 Jun 2012
The 3 day nanny is one of the few books on the market which addresses challenges with slightly older children as well as the under 3s and Kathryn obviously realises that parents are very busy, hence the clear format which makes it easy to find the relevant section and fast to read. I tried her 3 day eating plan for a boy of 7 and it actually worked, surprising both my son and myself in the process! The plans reflect Kathryn's unique manner - a combination of old fashioned structure and discipline implemented with modern day respect and empathy for your child as an individual with their own ideas and opinions. The focus is not on authority and the battling of child versus adult, but instead based on respect and kindness. She guides you with sound practical advice, even anticipating your child's response and how to encourage him/her. Not only that, but we as parents are also encouraged and praised (not nagged and criticised, which is so often the case with parenting books). In hindsight, most of her advice is relatively simple and if you follow the plans, it is easy to carry out and really does get results. It is empowering for both parents and children and is a fast track to success on all fronts - read this, be strong and carry it through and everyone in your family will be a winner!

4.0 out of 5 stars ... book for potty training and it worked for us brilliantly I wish we had bought it earlier for the ..., 5 Sep 2014
We used this book for potty training and it worked for us brilliantly I wish we had bought it earlier for the eating chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars What every new mother needs, 25 Aug 2014
Excellent point of reference. Saw the show and Kathryn worked wonders. As a mother myself I couldn't help but purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›