4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed.
Published 8 months ago by Claralou

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward ...
Published 5 months ago by Kindle Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed., 7 Sept. 2014
Just finished this book and really enjoyed it. Some parts really made me laugh to the extent that I repeated them to other people. Was also nice comparing to experiences from my own childhood. Only downside was that it is childhood/early adulthood memoir and as a result doesn't cover when Jason became famous or any anecdotes from this time which I would have liked to read. This did not take away from my enjoyment of the book however. In short this is quite a heartwarming book that I would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward ..., 18 Dec. 2014
I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward to seeing his humour in words. I wasn't dissapointed. As story telling goes Jason is a natural and had me laughing out loud. I was on the verge of giving it 5 stars towards the end of the book. Then why didn't I? The end made me sad. It was as if someone had ripped a few chapters out. It skipped many years. Years that I would have thought were important. His rise to national public fame as a top comedian, his stage career, television career, getting married, having the twins, and even maybe his ahem indiscretions. Still a good read though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Michael Owen, 8 Nov. 2011
This awesome autobiography had me in tears of laughter, the stories (and the pictures) were hilarious. Would recommend this book for a good read and a good laugh too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous and Honest Story, 15 Nov. 2011
I've done nothing for two days because I couldn't put this book down. A great read. It took me right back, but to my kids childhood rather than my own. What a wonderful family Jason has. The honestly in his writing comes over well. He's done a really good job. It's a very entertaining and well written account of a young but certainly action packed life. Strangely enough I live on the same Stockport road as Jason, although I don't know him personally, and can tell you that the tree he mentions at the front of his house with the Christmas lights was quite magnificent last year. Now I need to pluck up the courage to knock on his door and get my book signed! Well done, Jason. You're a true star and your mum and dad must be so very proud of you. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never laughed so much while reading!, 27 Jan. 2012
This book was the funniest I have ever read. I had it as my bedtime read, which probably wasn't the best idea, as apart from not being able to put it down, resulting in reading til gone 3am every night, laughing so hard that you end up with tears streaming down your face is not condusive to sleep.
I think what makes Jason and his story so incredibly funny, is that we can all identify with his upbringing. He is naturally funny and his story reflects on our own very similar upbringing and events.
The ending seemed to jump a little and missed out quite a relevant part of his rise to success, nevertheless, I would recommend this book to anyone and because of the hysterical laughs it gave me, I have given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brung Up Proper ... Really?, 18 Oct. 2011
Jason doesn't disappoint with this 'laugh out loud' funny book crammed full of anecdotes of his misspent youth. It doesn't quite draw a parallel with my own (thank goodness), but his references to 80's and 90's Northern working-class family struggles, fashions, priorities and suchlike are absolutely 'bob on!' It was pretty much 'unputdownable' and I had it wrapped within a week ... a cracker of a read for Northern, Jason, Comedy lovers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 Dec. 2014
Where is the actual story of Jason's rise to fame
This book has no depth, no real engaging storey telling. 70% covers in an erratic and not terribly entertaining way, Jasons childhood and first attempts at stand up. Then all of a sudden, he's married with twins, a pregnant wife, and it ends. Compared to John Bishop, Michael Mckintyre and Johnny Vegas, this book doesn't stand up at all in interesting entertainment. Obviously left room for the next book , which is ridiculous as this attempt desperately needed more content, less padding. Disappointing

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, a great man!, 17 Feb. 2012
I've been a fan of Jason Manford since I saw him on 8 Out Of 10 Cats a few years ago and have seen him live.

This book is the story of his life before he became famous and is a very enjoyable read.

The book is full of laughs and you can almost hear JM's voice as you read, it is very funny and emotional at stages. I would highly recommend this book and am now planning on going to see JM for a second time.

If you're thinking about buying this, just go for it you will not be disappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW. BEST EVER AUTOBIOGRAPHY, 4 Aug. 2012
This is by far and away the most honest, heart warming and interesting autobiography that I have ever read. It shows that there is more to a comedian than just comedy. I think it also proves that you DO NOT have to be elderly or have had a long, long career to have had a life worth writing about and certainly worth reading about.
If you don't read any other book this year, you should read this one. (Do try to read some other books too...)
ENJOY.............

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 6 May 2013
I got this book after reading some very good and equally very bad reviews, and also because i think Jason is fab! It is a good book and there are a few laughs, but i found it a little boring in parts. Also the ending came very quickly and jumped a few years. Hopefully there will be another book to tie up the loose ends. If not i'd be very disappointed. Definitely worth a look and just persevere with the 'slower' parts.

Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography
Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography by Jason Manford (Paperback - 10 May 2012)