5.0 out of 5 stars It really does take only 5mins!
I was sceptical about this book at 1st. Whilst not an expert I've made bread the traditional way for many years so I wasn't sure if this could work, but it does! I made my 1st loaf today; it looks and smells good and more importantly its delicious! Now convinced ( and you will be after just one loaf) I'm keen to try out the other recipes in the book - cinnamon and raisin...
Published on 15 April 2011 by JulieK

3.0 out of 5 stars Major Conversion Errors
The basic priciple in the book is great (in fact Peter Reinhart in 'Artisan Breads Every Day' seems to have been converted to this technique).
However, there are conversion errors in the recipes
The Master Recipe (p 44) gives a bakers percentage for water of 78.3% if the imperial units are used and 83.3% if metric units used.
This carelessness is a major...
Published on 17 Oct. 2011 by N. Mawby

5.0 out of 5 stars simple to use, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Five Minute Bread: The revolutionary new baking method: no bread machine, no kneading! (Hardcover)
well I'm making my own bread by hand using this method now. You get clear instrucions, though it's worth searching you tube for a video version too. There are a range of great looking bread recipes. What can I say, the bread I make isn't as beautifulas theirs, but it is tasty. Try Spelt flour if you find the modern wheat a bit too glutenous for the old digestion.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book - highly recimmended, 12 Mar. 2011
I bought the American version of this book a year before it was published here. It is truly amazing. We now eat fresh home-made bread most days with hardly any effort - no kneading, just mix the ingredients. I have kept the dough in the fridge for over a week with no problems and literally just break a piece off and bake it. The only problem is that once cooked the loaf usually gets eaten by the kids before i have a chance to try it!. If you love fresh bread - you'll love this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, easy and fun, 17 Mar. 2011
I bought this after it was recommended in a magazine and it is brilliant.
I have tried making regular bread before, but it's such a long drawn out process, but this is very quick and easy. It produces amazing loaves, (crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, just like fresh bread in France), and it really doesn't matter what shape you end up with, as it looks, smells and tastes gorgeous. I did try making the bagels, but that was a disaster....(not sure what I did wrong but too much of a process for me).Just make sure you put the water into the oven when you put the bread in, as it steams it, and occasionally I forget!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only way to bake bread, 29 July 2014
I swear by this book and cannot recommend it enough. It takes all the hassle out of making fresh bread - it's ridiculously easy. I particularly like it because I can control what goes I to our bread - low salt, no sugar, whole wheat. It took a little while to get used to the technique, and make a few adjustments (I use 50ml less water), but after only a few loaves I was baking like a pro. I've made many recipes from the book now (even fresh naan) and they have all gone over really well. If you have a bit of space in your fridge and fancy a constant supply of fresh bread then give this book a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has revolutionised my kitchen!, 14 Aug. 2013
Amazing book, simply amazing. It's idiot proof. People ask which bakery I got my bread at and I just laugh. Have tried brioche, white, whole wheat, rye, pizza, ciabatta, naan, pittas and so on. Never once had a problem. I do prefer the American version however, that used cup measures, it's really a no-brainer, no weighing and measuring at all! I give this book to everyone and everyone is equally amazed. Who knew incredible bread could be so easy!? Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Having fun!, 24 Sept. 2011
E. Jupp "Ellie May" (Uk) - See all my reviews
I got this last weekend. Have made 3 loaves - my results were not great initially as I tried a mix of spelt flour first. It is easy and I am definitely a fan. Going to do some more experimenting now -lots to try !

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to get good results..........!, 7 Dec. 2011
I bought this book based on the reviews which all seemed to say good things but I found it very difficult to get good bread with the master recipe even after many attempts..................I spend a lot of time cooking and I am not a beginner. Don't expect too much from the claims made by the authors. I have given up on the recipes and confined the book to the shelf! In my experience this book is not worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 13 April 2013
I have tried several of the recipes and techniques in this book and we are now no longer buying bread - we are enjoying making lovely french and artisan loaves.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy and tasty!, 30 Dec. 2013
Wonderfully easy and so many possibilities... We haven't bought any shop loaves since making the first batch of bread. A great success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to keep homemade bread coming!, 20 Aug. 2013
I've been using my copy of this book for months, and just had to get it for our daughter who loves to bake. Best method out there!