5.0 out of 5 stars I Could Have Read More and More...
The only things I was really expecting from Sue Johnston's autobiography were that it would be funny in parts, have some insights into the TV worlds of Brookie, The Royales, being Grace in Waking the Dead and from the title `Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother' I hazarded a guess that either Sue had some skeletons in her cupboard or her relationship with her mother might be...
Published on 1 Sep 2011 by Simon Savidge Reads

3.0 out of 5 stars passable
As the title suggested to me it might be a bit interesting gossip-wise and personal life wise unfortunately to sum it u,p its all work and no play! Although it was a god read to find out about her work and life
Published 5 months ago by S

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sue Johnston, 28 April 2012
Veronica (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
What a lovely lady and a fab. book so true of her era, many smiles and I couldnt put it down. A definite must

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice book by a lovely lady, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
I enjoyed reading this book. It wasn't too in depth or complicated, but it did make me think about how relationships work or don't work. Sue had the strength of character to follow her ambitions to be an actress, and that meant taking a different path in life to the one her mother expected her to take. Life is full of uncertainties & people won't always share their doubts or worries with others. It's nice if you discover as Sue did, that no matter how things turn out, families can provide a safe retreat & some things can remain unsaid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, warm and surprising, 23 April 2012
I love Sue Johnston as an actress and looked forward to receiving this book. I did not expect it to be so honest about her experiences, and my admiration for her has grown immensely. This is a must for fans or anyone who enjoys a good book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 20 April 2012
This is a great insight into her life. I found it a very interesting read. She writes very honestly and really brings you into her life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 17 April 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed this book especially as Sue Johnston and I are about same age and some of the places and events and people she spoke about I could relate to as it was my era!!! I thought she was very honest with her feelngs especially about her Mum.... Sue is obviously such a lovely lady I thought she had the patience of a saint at times. I did feel for her when she talked about her attack and the way she picked herself up from such a traumatic experience.

It could not have been an easy profession to be in but she was, and is, very passionate at what she does. Maybe all those experiences have helped her to become such an excellent actor. I always watch whatever she is in although I could not stand "The Royal Family" but that was not because of her role!!!!! I have this on my kindle and just could not put it down. Well done Sue!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift, 17 April 2012
The person I have given this book to is very happy with the book by sue johnson (things I couldn't tell my mother)

5.0 out of 5 stars Things I couldnt tell my mother, 12 April 2012
Andrew C. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This was so personal it was as though she were telling my story. I found the book so brutally honest, it was almost scarey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 April 2012
C. Retallack (UK) - See all my reviews
Terrific read, took me right back to those times,a must read book.I could relate to various parts of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 26 Mar 2012
interesting but not gripping.....was interesting but have read better.........glad to hear of all the places she had visited and how she got started ......

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating Insight to a Remarkable Woman, 25 Feb 2012
This book was amazing I didn't want to put it down. I felt as if I was there looking down with Sue, the ups and down of her life both proffesionally and privately, who went through a lot of turmoil in her life. This seemed to make such a strong woman of her. Through her work she met so many famous and influential people. I can highly recommend this book.

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother: My Autobiography
Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother: My Autobiography by Sue Johnston (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2011)
15.19