5.0 out of 5 stars Good account of a superb fighter
This is a good story of one of the best fighters ever produced in Britain. The updated version takes the story up to the defence against Mack. Despite the occasional spelling mistakes, the stories included are very entertaining. This is worth reading if you are a boxing fan.
Published 8 months ago by Robert Pask

3.0 out of 5 stars Carl Froch
Lacking in a bit of depth but an honest account of the Cobras life.I would have liked a bit more detail.
Published 12 months ago by Paul T

3.0 out of 5 stars Carl Froch, 13 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good account of a superb fighter, 13 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Englands Finest, 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Cobra: My Story (Hardcover)
Fresh off the back of Carls masterful dipslay against Glen Johnson I finally got round to reading his story, and thankfully it reads as fluently as he performs in the ring. As an avid reader of sports autobiographies I would put this on a par with Jamie Carraghers in that you get a great personal story mixed with considered and uncomprimising opinions for the sport that he sacrifices so much for. For example the anticipated section on the "what could have been" Joe Calzaghe fight is well argued without an air of sour grapes. Also I don't think anyone could read the chapter on the Kessler fight and not genuinely think several factors worked against him that night (Re-match soon me-thinks!) . Overall a very satisfying book and should fill in the gaps nicely for boxing fans playing catch up on the sensation that is the Cobra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this!, 19 Aug 2011
A. Hasnath (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cobra: My Story (Hardcover)
What this book lacks in sophistication of grammar, vocabulary and punctuation, it more than makes up for with a very easy to read account of Carl's career and life. It is rich in humour, and delivers a candid description and analyses of the fight game, getting the balance right between too much detail and not enough.

There wasn't a dull moment in the book, a lot like Carl's fights! Go read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cobra, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Cobra: My Story (Paperback)
Very pleased with the book husband hasn't put it down great delivery time sealed & wrapped well happy husband A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Cobra, what a read., 25 Feb 2013
Favourite quotes: "Joe, if ur reading his, you should have fought me, but deep down you probably know this.".... And second... "I fell in love, properly in love" can't blame u mate, who wouldn't @RachelCordingly is a stunner.

Congrats on ur success; for Rocco, good luck for your next bairn, and please spark Kessler out. Good as he is that crown is yours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carl Froch-Exhilirating read from page 3-326, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Cobra: My Story (Hardcover)
This is an exceptional book which goes into great detail about various stepping stones along the road to a succesful career. The reader is brought into the story and made to feel part of it, although there a few more chapters to be written and that is for sure.

The grammar may not be perfect; however the story is, believe me I have read many books and none of them have been as gripping as what this story holds.

Why don't you feel the honour I am feeling right now having read the greatest book I have ever set eyes on?

Buy it because you'll like it :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Carl did his job here but Niall falls short, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Cobra: My Story (Hardcover)
Having read the book recently in two sittings overall it delivered but was a bit rough around the edges not unlike the man himself in the ring. It was readable generally interesting and quite insightful.

Interesting background on Carl's upbringing, family with a picture painted of the area he grew up in. I felt Carl was quite honest in the book overall. It's a nice read and not too life changing or controversial. Of course we would expect nothing less in an autobiography of a sports star at the height of his career.

Carl gives some very insightful comments about the current state of boxing both as a sport generally and the lack of support from the media in Britain. Of course this has directly affected Carl but he puts an intelligent case forward.

As regards to the fight that never happened (Froch V's Calzaghe) it certainly would have been an interesting contest but Carl's opinion is repeated a few times which sounds a bit repetitive while there are a couple of references to Robin Reid and Carl's view that Joe won on a bad judges scorecard. Carl then goes on to say when he faced Reid he'd never been hit so hard in his career which is another little dig.

I quite expected a couple of digs at Calzaghe and here comes in some of the issues with the book. The repetition sounds unprofessional almost like being in a room with a drunk man that wants to underline a point he feels strongly about.

I am not a buff at grammar and spelling but I have never seen such a high amount of appalling spelling mistakes and bad grammar as I did in this book. It really let's it down at times and I would expect more. I find it hard to believe it has been proofread even spellchecker would pick most of this up.

Carl Froch delivered his part of the deal but the writer Niall Hickman should get on the case now stop the print run and sort it out with the above issues (including the issues of some repeating of points because Niall wrote this book not Carl). Also just for the record it is a better read than Joe Calzaghe's autobiography 'No Ordinary Joe'. If the fight was made though, in my opinion, it would have gone to the valleys!

1.0 out of 5 stars Carl froch???, 25 Oct 2013
J. G. Rhys "john40025" (britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cobra: My Story (Paperback)
Why write a biography now he has not retired,not in the same class as benn Watson and Eubanks CALZAGHE is in another class of his own no one would even heard of him if these boxers were still around let alone write book about him self

3.0 out of 5 stars the cobra my story, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Cobra: My Story (Hardcover)
i did not read this book my self, it was for my brother in law,i have not seen him since

The Cobra: My Story
The Cobra: My Story by Carl Froch (Paperback - 31 Jan 2013)
Used & New from: £55.04