5.0 out of 5 stars One-pot wonders
I got the book for Christmas and have already tried a couple of recipes. Love putting all ingredients in one pot and waiting for the magic to happen. Explanations are simple and detailed, even for a cooking newbie like me. I recommend it.
Published on 8 Jan 2011 by Cécile

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Moderate.
Published 1 month ago by MICHAEL LOWSLEY-WILLIAMS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum!, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Stewed! (Hardcover)
A wonderful mixture of the familiar and exotic. I've enjoyed these recipes so much I've been giving it to friends and family as presents!

5.0 out of 5 stars More please, Mr Stewed!, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Stewed! (Hardcover)
I'm a huge fan of the Stewed! pots and so bought two copies of this recipe book last Christmas (one for me, one for my mum). Although I thought I'd just be using it through the winter, there are some fantastic summer stews in there too - the Caponata, for example, is heavenly. I've made quite a few of the dishes from this book now and the recipes are are really straightforward to follow - plus there are some really good, more general cooking tips in there as well. I'm looking forward to getting stuck back into some of the heartier dishes now it's getting colder (as is my mum!!). Highly recommended book this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 26 Jun 2012
Sooze "Sooze" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stewed! (Hardcover)
This is a truly fabulous cookbook. I own approximately 100 cookbooks so I hardly needed to buy another one however, in an almost eternal search for wonderful stews and casserole recipes, I stumbled across this book. I honestly cannot rave enough about this book. I have made approximately 20 of the recipes in the book so far and I have only had it for a few months. The recipes are simple and full of good, healthy ingredients- readily available and easy to source at my local, ordinary supermarket. I have two young boys and they can be fussy with new recipes but they have really enjoyed these stews and some are now particular favourite dishes. The food is just so tasty and each recipe has been successful. The meat has always turned out so succulent and tender and the sauces rich and thick and to me these recipes have been absolutely perfect. From traditional European recipes to exciting Asian ones, a few very tasty vegetarian dishes and a lots of lovely meat ones, I really would recommend this to you. I have just purchased 3 more to send to my Mum, sister and sister-in-law as presents. I honestly think that if I had to choose just one recipe book out of all the others I own, this would be the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now my favourite cook book, 10 Jun 2011
This review is from: Stewed! (Hardcover)
I'm a big fan of cook books, I have loads of them. This has now taken up the Number 1 spot - which is no mean feat.

I bought this book after enjoying several of the brand's stew pot lunches - made me realise someone knows what they're doing, and I wasn't disappointed with the book. It's rare that I flick through a book and actually want to make all the recipes; but that's exactly what this book delivers.

It's well written, informal and yet instructional, with good pics, nice graphic design and little descriptions of the dish's origin of why it has ended up in this book.

I particularly like the fact it is all one-pot wonders, it creates some great classics (eg Coq au Vin, Boston beans, Boeuf Bourguignon, Jambalya) and new favourites for when entertaining friends but not wanting to have to stay in the kitchen attending to the stove.

The recipes are also very economical as, by the nature of the dishes, they use cheap cuts of meat, dried pulses etc.

My top tip? Make double portions. Yes, you'll only just cram it all in to your chosen cooking pot but many of the recipes freeze exceedingly well and you will always have delicious meals ready for you!

Well done Alan Rosenthal, awesome job. I look forward to more books.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: Stewed! (Hardcover)
I like one pot wonders and this has some that i love and some more unusual ones. I think it's a great book although i would prefer more pictures so i can see what the dish is supposed to look like. I was hoping there would be more 'throw it all in a pot and leave it' type of thing but there isn't really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous recipe book!, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Stewed! (Hardcover)
I bought this because I had never used a slow cooker before; silly me, it isn't about slow cookers! It is such a fabulous recipe book that it is never on the shelf! We use it all the time; a great addition to any kitchen!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 July 2014
Moderate.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Stewed!
Stewed! by Alan Rosenthal (Hardcover - 7 Oct 2010)