5.0 out of 5 stars A must read
Published on 29 July 2011 by Sheila Camp

3.0 out of 5 stars An unfilled weekend read
Not a bad read - I was expecting something a little more harrowing, but the sadness that the brothers lived through ran deep. Well written and open, the book is worth at least a glance if you've a free weekend.
Published on 23 April 2013 by Kelly89

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 29 July 2011
Sheila Camp "Sheila" (Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
As with all books about child abuse, you have to wonder what makes people do these kind of things, especially the parents. Then to find out in later years that the powers that be knew all along what was happening beggers belief. This is a must read and if you enjoy it, google Kenneth Doyle and read the newspaper reports. This was my holiday read (I know not a nice subject to take on holiday) and I had to find something else to read as I was finished it in no time at all. The reports at the end of the book make interesting reading too. If there has to be negative comments it has to be why did they keep falling for the suggestions from their father?

5.0 out of 5 stars Mummy From Hell, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Mummy from Hell: Two Brothers. A Sadistic Mother. A Childhood Destroyed. (Paperback)
This book made harrowing reading.I found it quite sad how a mother can treat 2 of her children differnt to the others.I would recommend this book as a good read.
Thanks once again amazon for a prompt and good delivery.
Sheila Hawkins.[Mrs]

5.0 out of 5 stars Over coming fear, 9 May 2009
This is an exceptional book. Really well written and brought me to tears many times. The difference between this book and others is that you have 2 brothers a few years apart who were targets for their mothers rage. She did have 7 other children and although I don't think there lives were without abuse it was nothing like Ken and Partick endured. I know that there lives have been blighted now and forever but I truly hope that by writing this book it will help to heal them.

I wont tell you too much but this book does have a start and a middle and an end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mummy from hell, 22 Mar. 2014
This is such a sad book. I don't know how anyone could treat a child like that. I read this book within a day because I couldn't tear myself away from it and I would recommend this book. she really is the mummy from hell.

5.0 out of 5 stars horrific :(, 25 Jun. 2011
i read a lot of books of this kind i think this is one of the worst i have ever read .
The boys are 2 of the strongest people i have ever read about to have survived this and to tell the tale it really amazes me ,the strength the have and courage they have is beyond belief .
Its just unfortunate the abuse was so bad it has had a profound effect on their entire lifes.
I feel this was probably because they hadnt any one to talk to and also to find out people especially their father knew about was happening must of broke their hearts as someone could of helped.
As for the Irish goverment not intervening and getting their mother arrested ,shows that they are as bad as the mother and theres little hope of other children in this situation getting any help.
The THING as i will now call there mother she....... i cant even think of any words to describe her that are printable i cant comprehend why she would want to do this i cant belive she still is alive and walking the streets of their home town .
Please read this story needs to be read .

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't find words..., 20 Dec. 2014
It is a good book with with horrible story to tell. My only issue was that they both kept trying to give their parents another chance... It deeply upsets me that after what they've gone through they believed that there was a good side of them.
Also, not really sure how the other brothers and sisters reacted to this whole thing? I feel like I am left with some questions but I enjoyed reading the book... As much as you can enjoy a story like this.
I wish both boys, now men of course, all the best. I hope one day they can both be truly happy with their lives and move on. But it may never happen, unfortunately.
Oh, and the mom, Olive, people like you should be locked up and kept away from any kind of interaction with any kind of living being.

4.0 out of 5 stars mother definately from hell, 1 Mar. 2012
i can never understand how someone can bring life into this world and abuse them ,those poor boys my heart goes out to them ,it just makes you realise how much you love your own kids and to think of hurting them breaks my heart but nevertheless this book opens your eyes to the mindless cruelty that goes on and the sadness it brings to them-apart from the one dishing it out who is just a evil monster- how brave those boys are to relive it in their heads for this book-even though the bad memories will always be there- this book will keep your attention very well written you can feel the love going out to them via the readers- well recommended. Also well done to amazon for shipping out my books on time!

5.0 out of 5 stars mummy from hell, 27 April 2012
Such a disturbing story, the account of what this woman did to her own children is unbelievable and very difficult to read. I contacted Kenneth via facebook as there is no indication of what happened to their mother/the authorities and without spoiling the book the answer is nothing! I hope people read this book and act on the authors' wish that people will petition the Irish prime minister for justice for victims of abuse - the strength and courage of these two men in spite of their horrific experiences is inspiring.
Only bad point about the kindle version (maybe just mine as its a phone app) is that I was unable to read the documents in the appendix.

5.0 out of 5 stars mummy from hell, 24 Dec. 2010
I feel I have to write something at this precise moment in time!! I have to say, I have only read the first 22 pages of this book and already I hate this woman( who calls herself a mother, she must be having a laugh) Once I have finished reading this (which will probably be tomorrow) as with books like this you cant put them down! I will definately put in another review. To everyone, buy this book!! As I have said I only got to the first 22 pages and I have had to say something, definately a book you cannot put down. How brave these two brothers were, good luck both.
I have finished reading and all I can say is that the mother is sick. She is sadistic, evil, controlling, greedy,i dont need to go on do i ?? Thank god I have never had to face this in my life, I have the best parents in the world. Just a shame that lots of children dont have that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking, 28 May 2013
A heartbreaking read from start to finish,but extremely brave of Patrick and Ken to tell the world of their horrific childhood.I am no longer in contact with my family because of a narcissist mother,who now seems to have been a saint compared to the Monster they had to call mother.I do know how it feels to keep going back,hoping things will change,hoping for some affection.Every social worker should read this book .If it saves one child from such appalling cruelty,it should be read.

Mummy from Hell: Two Brothers. A Sadistic Mother. A Childhood Destroyed.