‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A way to increase your repetoire...., 5 July 2010
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
I bought this book because my kids love pasta, and when I did a lot of sports, I used to carbo- load with pasta often. The problem is that I am limited to a small repertoire of Macaroni, Lasagne and Spaghetti Bolognese. So, in the hopes that I'd find quick, easy pasta dishes, I got this book.

My first try was the Mozzarella and meat balls pasta bake. I like `bake' anything as it's usually `pop-it-in-the-oven type thing and means I can get on with other things. It worked out well, not too cheesy, but had meatballs for the carnivore of the family. The Chicken and Broccoli lasagne is a brilliant change to the traditional lasagne and the kids loved it.

I tried the Fusilli with chipolatas (which the kids love) and sweet pepper (which they hate). They loved the small portions, but they found the taste quite tart, too much onion and peppers they said, so we'll wait a few years till we try that again.

I usually look at the preparation and cooking time to see which one I'll do based on what time I have, so that's useful. Also, I make a bit more of the ones I can freeze, so that's useful to know because I freeze and pull out when I don't have time!

Overall it was a great book to revive the tired old recipes I have, and add some new pasta dishes to my repertoire. I vowed to try two new ones a month, so I'll got another 10.5 months to go!! A great buy for the winter months too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - loads of easy ideas!, 11 Jun 2010
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
I'm a bit of a fan of AK and bought this as we eat a lot of pasta and needed some new ideas for a bit of variety and to make sure our little one has a balanced diet. Recipes are clear and easy to use - very nice book and ideal for keeping in your kitchen (looks good, wipes clean!). Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Ms Karmel, 2 Jun 2010
L. Hutchings (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
Another really good book from Annabel Karmel.

A variety of things to do with pasta, and a variety of pastas to cook with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book full of ideas, 24 May 2010
Becky (Nottingham , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
This is a great book packed full of family recipes that are easy on the eye and on the budget and that the wholefamily will love. We have cooked up quite a few already and they were absolutely delicious. Simple yet scrummy. Even my 5 year old son had a go and managed easily to make a little dish of pasta, bacon and peas. Delightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Annabel Karmel's Top 100 Pasta dishes is a saviour, 4 Jun 2010
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
I have been a fan of Annabel's books for more than 10 years. My children have all been brought up through their different food stages with the help of her books and this new addition to her catalog doesn't disappoint. Packed full of dishes for the whole family to enjoy. Quick five minute meals through to freshly made pasta.
This book is an essential to any family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A family favourite, 31 May 2010
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
This book has a wonderful variety of meal choices to suit different tastes and budgets. The meals are easy to prepare and have caught the attention of my children in that they are eating!! Always good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not necessarily quick, but easy and delicious, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
Loved by the 8 & 4 year old boys, nothing they don't like yet, and the stir fries go down a treat

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely recipes, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
There are some really lovely recipes in this book, that my baby, toddler and husband have all enjoyed. The meals don't seem too expensive and are fairly easy to prepare and cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for my pasta loving children, 20 Sep 2013
Janine Birch-Horn "Janine" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
So far I have only made two recipes from this book but both went down a storm with my kids. I look forward to trying the others,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 5 May 2013
SadieStar (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top 100 Pasta Dishes (Hardcover)
Lot's of great ideas! My son is a little pasta monster, and most of the recipes are suitable for freezing which is great! The fruity chicken curry is a massive hit with my son.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Top 100 Pasta Dishes
Top 100 Pasta Dishes by Annabel Karmel (Hardcover - 13 May 2010)
6.99