Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 February 2011
This book is a delight. Well written and hugely entertaining. It captures what all new mothers experience with the added twist of a 'vintage' outlook. Brighten your day - buy it now!
on 12 April 2011
Firstly can I say, you do not need to wait until you are a mum in your 40's to read this very funny account of motherhood.

In the style of any parenting guide this novel is set out in chapters following the progress of mother and baby from conception to toddler. Cari writes about how society views a mum over 40, pregnancy, the early days, and those wonderful milestones with baby.

I found myself nodding in agreement with a lot of the funny, embarrassing' and special moments. There were some fabulous trips down memory lane, from my childhood and as a 2nd time around mum, of a toddler, in my 40's.

Jokes aside, there are some wonderful insights and advice in between the laughs.

I would recommend this to any mum to be, new mum or mum who just wants a trip down memory lane.

4 out of 5 for me! I loved it!

I received a copy of this book from Publisher Ebury Press, for my honest review.
Thank you.
on 2 March 2011
This was one of those books that I read from start to finish within a few days. The author writes with wit in a very intelligent way. I loved the nostalgic parts of this book coupled with amusing observations about parenting now and when the author was a child. I was also greatly inspired by Miss Rosen's joy at being a parent. I cant wait to read the sequel.
on 26 April 2011
I read this book in record time its an incredibly funny yet poignant desciption of Cari's journey into motherhood. She has a fantastic writing style and I found myself laughing out loud as she records her experiences of being a new mum and observations from her childhood through the 80's to present day. I highly recommend this book.
on 6 March 2011
Fantastic book for any first time mum, regardless of age. Had me laughing out loud on the tube several times, not a good look! The stories ring so true and really paint motherhood as it is, from the fear and trepidation of pregnancy to the combination of joy and boredom in those first few scary months. Highly recommended!
on 27 February 2011
I LOVED THIS BOOK! This book is so brilliantly written, it had me laughing and reminiscing of the first two years of motherhood. I could personally relate to it, all too well (even though I'm only just a slightly younger mum 37) and I recommend this book to all mums - no matter what their age.
on 5 March 2011
I cannot praise this book enough - I cried with laughter and struggled to compose myself enough to reassure my husband that had not lost the plot it was just that i was enjoying the book so much!

I would say it is a 'must read' for all mums out there young or old!
on 1 March 2011
Since having kids I get very little time to read but as soon as I picked up this book I couldn't put it down. The kids lived on fish fingers and baked beans and anything else I could cook, whilst holding this book. Hilarious. Buy it. You wont be disappointed.
on 15 March 2011
The Secret Diary of a New Mum (aged 43 1/4) was a fantastic read. It had me crying with laughter in places (last time that happened was when I read the first Bridget Jones book). I could relate to so many of the issues brought up in the book, including the paranoia pregnancy brings, unpredictable children and the inappropriate things they do and say, 70s trouser suits from C&A right through to why we always buy tea lights and serviettes from IKEA no matter what you went in there for! A brilliant read and well worth ignoring the family for so you can read it!!!!!!!
on 28 June 2011
I bought the fabulous The Secret Diary of a New Mum (aged 43 1/4) by Cari Rosen on recommendation from a friend and wasn't disappointed. The wife tells me there are some insightful observations that ring so true it's uncanny and found it very reassuring to know she wasn't the only one who felt like that during her pregnancy and during the early months... well worth buying and well worth reading! Funny, fast paced and easy to pick up where you left off.... perfect for that first time Mum who needs to read quickly and quietly!