5.0 out of 5 stars Uni Course in Changing Your Life
It took me some months to complete this book. Not because it is tedious or badly written but because the concepts take time to absorb and begin to make sense.

Peters' credentials, his work with British Cycling, are flawless. The language used is clearly designed to be understood by the vast majority of people. The concepts are, however, hardcore science and...
Published 2 months ago by PR

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it aims to do.
Good, he creates a useful simplified analogy for understanding the mind and effective strategies for dealing with negative behaviours. I disagree with lots of the philosophical ideas he seems to proposes, for instance he refers to "Fridge Door Syndrome", which is basically a child developing the ideology that it's worth is determined by the things it does and it...
Published 5 months ago by Blair

‹ Previous | 166 67 68148 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Chimp Paradox, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness (Paperback)
My book was delivered earlier than expected which was nice. A very mind opening book that could change your way of thinking and your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fasinating read, 16 May 2014
A fasinating book, a useful tool to someone who studies human behaviour, or indeed a good book to read on the loo until your legs go numb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 10 Nov. 2013
This book will change your life. Dr Peters has some very unusual and different ideas but I have been using them - and they really do work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great read....., 2 Aug. 2013
Sceptical though I was, I loved this book. Got a tad tedious towards the end, but overall a good book that has helped me manage my chimp !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, 17 Feb. 2013
This book really is a life-changer. So easy to understand & put into practice with amazing results.I would reccommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is making a huge and positive difference to my life, 25 April 2012
I Bought this book after discovering it in a cycling magazine, and Dr Steve Peters association with the sport. I've recently become an avid road cyclist, but I always struggle mentally, as well as physically, getting up hills and thought this book would help me in that way. I saw that both Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton gave glowing testimonials. I also read the reviews here, and was surprised in a good way, to see a glowing 'punter' review by Ronnie O'Sullivan. Anyway, I have now been reading the book for a couple of months, and reading it thoroughly, and I am amazed at how much this book is helping me. It reads like it has been written about me, and at times I am laughing out loud on the train, as some of the examples he uses feel like they are written about me. I have read 2/3rds of the book, and I now look at life in a completely different way, I deal with all that is thrown at me, and although life isn't perfect, I am a lot happier, have a lot more focus, and opportunities are starting to come my way. Y'know, they were probably there, but I could never see them. I also know my whole personality, and body language is a lot more positive too. My wife has also started to read the book too, and is feeling the same. We both are gaining focus on where we want to be in our like, and with me in my early 50's and my wife in her late 40's, we're at an important time of our life, so every decision we now make is vitally important, and this book has helped us both immensely. I'm cycling well, and I'm slowly getting to grips with getting up those hills!

5.0 out of 5 stars You need to read it!, 27 July 2014
This is easy to read and helps to explain the dilemmas we all face. It has made a difference to my understanding of my own behaviour"

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read if you want to succeed, 6 Jun. 2014
Excellent for helping you to understand yourself. Very well written can see why it has helped top sports men & women achieve their goals.

3.0 out of 5 stars confusing at times, 7 July 2013
This I found quite hard to get my head round .I did not find it helpful just confusing .Did not read it to the end as found it irritating

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to be better, 26 May 2015
I read this book as I was advised it would help me think more clearly and logically to improve my working life. I think it will do more.

‹ Previous | 166 67 68148 | Next ›