4.5 out of 5 stars1,755

on 15 January 2014
Clear, practical and intuitive - great read. Excellent guide to understanding emotions and thought processes. I train professionally - the concepts in this book will help those needing to perform under pressure as well as in their day to day lives.
on 19 August 2015
Informative yet fun and easy to read…highly recommended.
on 6 November 2015
Excellent for anger management, providing an insight into the battle of hormones, emotions and logic. Great help to be your "devil on the shoulder" when you have a moral dilemma or situation which requires logic rather than snap judgement.
on 15 May 2014
Simplifies many interesting concepts in a way that is accessible to the layman - but not over simplified so as to be useless. Good practical exercises to explore your own mindset, and overall an entertaining read. Even my chimp enjoyed this one!
on 22 May 2013
I really got a lot from this book. Very interesting and thought provoking mind model. Some of these type of books can be heavy going but this s an easy read although refer to yourself as separate people needs to be taken lightly. Very enjoyable.
on 4 July 2013
Although written in plain language it can be felt that it is written by an educated person and what he is discussing is based on evidence, research and facts rather than just plain common sense. Great read and an eye opener. Credit to the author.
on 23 January 2013
The ego, super and dirty ole ID. Brilliant and full of hope. The spiritual tomes of the Upanishads, bible etc all find expression in modern language. If we learn to manage our inner conflicts then perhaps the outer ones. Can be addressed as well.
on 8 January 2013
This is a book I would recommand to anybody wishing a better social life. Not only it helps you keep selfcontrol but it helps you in a day to day life, and to know how to deal with others.I believe we should all read this book for a better life.
on 15 September 2012
I have a good collection of self-help books and audio and I would gladly trade them all in for just this book, it is wonderful. The ideas are simply presented and easy to understand. Anybody reading this will find it of benefit. Life changing!!!!
on 30 January 2012
I've been to some of Steve's talks & couldn't wait for the book to come out. I do a lot of competitive sport & I only wish I'd known all these things years ago. I've already put some of the principles into practice & now when I hear fellow competitors talking negatively & putting pressure on themselves I know I'm already one step ahead of them. I also now understand why I feel how I do in certain situations & am more relaxed because I have the tools to cope with it. The book is easy to understand and the content can be applied to all areas of your life - you'll wonder why you didn't think of it all before. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.