5.0 out of 5 stars The new breastfeeding bible!
I'm a midwife and breastfeeding mum of a boob-obsessed 9 month old baby girl. I'm passionate about breastfeeding and although I'm now in my breastfeeding groove I still enjoy reading more on the subject. I couldn't wait to receive this book as I'm a huge fan of the baby led weaning books by the same authors.

This book is just brilliant. It goes through...
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by Creep

3.0 out of 5 stars I think there are some useful tips to help you with breastfeeding
I think there are some useful tips to help you with breastfeeding, overall not as good as I thought it would be. The book spends a lot of time talking about expressing etc which may be useful to some...
Published 3 months ago by Natasha Young

5.0 out of 5 stars The new breastfeeding bible!, 7 Jun 2012
Creep (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby-led Breastfeeding: How to make breastfeeding work - with your baby's help (Paperback)

This book is just brilliant. It goes through absolutely everything you need to know in just enough detail as well as being evidence based and up to date. From milk production to the "basics" of effective positioning and latch, the importance of the first 2 weeks and lifestyle change during breastfeeding. It also has chapters on breastfeeding multiples and premature babies, problems such as sore nipples and (my old friends!) blocked milk ducts and mastitis. It even has a fantastic 'what to expect when' table at the back, which is a million times better than another book of a similar title! I know all breastfeeding books cover similar things but this book goes into so much depth, is easy to read and most importantly is BABY LED!

I would recommend any pregnant women who is wanting to breastfeed to read this book before baby arrives (as well as The Food Of Love by Kate Evans) and visit your local breastfeeding support group and see some women actually feeding their babies, if you haven't had much experience of breastfeeding before. This book also has some simply wonderful photos in too, demonstrating good latching, positions to feed in, hand expression and breastfeeding out and about. I'll be recommending this book to anyone who will listen for years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Breastfeeding encouragement, 9 Jun 2012
This is a lovely read... Positive and easy to get into with easy to digest information and easy to follow. Plus it has beautiful very current photos... If you want to Breastfeed you should read this book both before and after the baby is born.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book mums can rely on!, 19 Sep 2012
Ann Bruce (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful new book. I'm a trainee breastfeeding counsellor, and often meet mums who want to read more about breastfeeding. There are lots of books on the market that offer advice about breastfeeding, but not all of them are written by people who really understand how the breastfeeding supply and demand system really works. This can leave mums struggling. This book is different. It's absolutely up to date, based on sound evidence and easy to read. It has some great photos and is clearly laid out. It explains beautifully how breastfeeding works, and how breastfeeding can and should be straightforward and simple. Easy to read but packed with info. I'd love every mum-to-be to be given a copy! Can't recommend it highly enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby led breastfeeding, 22 Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this informative book on baby-led breastfeeding with an excellent section of photographs.Also was impressed with the 'what to expect 'chapter and the quick sympton checker guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best description of how breastfeeding works, 6 Feb 2014
I thought that since I loved the baby-led approach to weaning that a baby-led approach to breastfeeding would be great, too. This book has the best description I've read on how breastfeeding works! I haven't been able to try out the techniques as I haven't had my baby yet, but I really appreciated the in-depth details of the ins and outs of breastfeeding.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 29 Jan 2014
Really user friendly, and has filled me with confidence to breast feed when my little bundle arrives! A definite must buy for new mums thinking of breast feeding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 28 Jan 2014
Dayna Mcdonald "Scully" (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
Recommended as reading for a course with the NCT during training as a Breastfeeding Counsellor. Lots of interesting information,hints and tips with nice images and tables to emphasise. Wish I had read it when I first started our breastfeeding journey!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 15 Aug 2014
Ms. E. M. Mcconnell "The bookworm" (Mancland UK) - See all my reviews
My daughter is almost 8 weeks old and I've returned to this book twice so far, I found it an educational read while pregnant and it furnished me with evidence based information which helped me explain to others why I intended to breastfeed. In addition it helped me keep going after a couple of wobbles earlier on as the book is well set out so I could look up how to solve problems. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any breastfeeding woman!, 4 July 2014
Brilliant! Struggled to breastfeed with my first baby and found it so stressful. This book has put me at ease, makes so much sense and wish I had it 2 years ago. Expecting my second baby any day now and looking forward to putting what I've learnt into practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational and easy to read, 3 July 2014
A really good and informative ready for anyone who is intending to breastfeed/ feeding at the moment or supporting feeding mothers. Well written and easy to understand with no agenda pushing unlike some other books.

Baby-led Breastfeeding: How to make breastfeeding work - with your baby's help