5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for a friend, 12 Jan. 2014
T. M. Kirk - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inflammatory Bowel Disease: The essential guide to controlling Crohn's Disease, Colitis and Other IBDs (Paperback)
As I stated in the title I bought this for a friend who is suffering from bowel disease he found it very useful

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on IBD, 28 Dec. 2013
This book explains IBD in an uncomplicated way. Especially if you are newly diagnosed and have been looking at various internet sites. Makes you want to book an appointment to see Dr Hunter or hope the GI my son has been referred to is as knowledgable & interested in the subject as Dr Hunter.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 29 Sept. 2013
I suffer with crohns disease, and found this very informative. Good advice and information. Good descriptions on procedures and investigations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 14 Sept. 2013
A great help to me after I was diagnosed with this horrid illness. Full of useful hints and awesome advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 22 Mar. 2013
After 25 years I have finally been diagnosed with Crohn's and this is just what I need to tell me what to expect , eat (or not eat), and treatment that will benefit me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book, 11 Mar. 2013
J. Cranmer (UK) - See all my reviews
I have found this book very informative, without being completely bogged down with terminology or scared by whats written. Everything is expalined in a very well thought out manner. If you have an IBD this is a great source of info.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for the newly diagnosed, 14 Feb. 2013
A well written and easily read time and full of useful information about treatments and choices for Crohns sufferers. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book !!!, 24 Jan. 2013
Not knowing alot about this disease and having my son diagnosed with Crohns in September. I have found this book very informative and very useful to help me understand about the conditions and how to help. A must !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IBD, 22 May 2012
This is the best book I have found on the subject and helped me understand my Crohn's disease much better. Unfortunately you'll find Hunter has retired from NHS and his private consultations are formidably expensive. Since I live in France I have merely used the book to understand and participate in the treatment my doctors are giving me. Despite advocating a principally dietary approach he explains the possible drug treatments in clear terms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent common sense approach to a debilitating disease, 17 Mar. 2012
Professor - I am very grateful for your common sense approach to this disease, many of which I have self discovered as a Crohn's sufferer but that have been disputed by many 'specialists'. I purchased extra copies to send to doctors I have dealt with for years that are insistent that diet has nothing to do with this disease. I also intend to try some of your other recommendations.