5.0 out of 5 stars Sisters
This book gives a perfect illustration of the difficult and humerous times during ww2.
My late Grandmother was a nurse during this period in the East End of London at Stratford E 15
Published 21 months ago by don in france

2.0 out of 5 stars Sisters Kindle book
Very interesting encounters but each one too short, jumps about far too much. Needs a lot of concentration to read it.
I am a retired nurse so will dip in and out as the mood takes me
Published 7 months ago by A. Vasey

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Very good

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this very much, 4 July 2014
S. Light (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this very much. It had been on the shelf for a while as the cover didn't inspire me, but once I'd started I had to keep reading. I agree with other reviewers about the extracts being very short, but I found it easy to pick up on the same person's experiences in different areas as the book progressed. As a nurse who started training in 1967, and now involved in the study of nursing during the Great War, it struck me how similar a nurses' lot has been throughout many decades. Some of the reminiscences really hit home, and I was very amused at having my memory jogged about taking a newspaper into a house with me when working as a midwife and a District Nurse. Many of those interviewed rose to high positions during their nursing careers, so enlightening to realise that they started, as everyone, as the most humble of students.

1.0 out of 5 stars Still not recd my book !!, 19 April 2014
Despite chasing for my book, have not recd a reply. Very disappointing and clearly cannot recommend the (so called) suppliers. Only gave 1 star as I couldn't give less !

2.0 out of 5 stars Sisters Kindle book, 30 Mar 2014
A. Vasey - See all my reviews
I am a retired nurse so will dip in and out as the mood takes me

4.0 out of 5 stars Times have changed, 4 Nov 2013
DO DO "DO DO" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
Very interesting to see how nursing was around the war and just after. I would recommend it to Nurse past and present

5.0 out of 5 stars sisters nursing book, 12 Oct 2013
so moving and amazing what the nurses had to do and cope with authority in the nursing profession .Great admiration for them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Sep 2013
This book was a fantastic read, highly recommended. If you enjoy true life stories you will enjoy this book. I did.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not broad enough, 25 July 2013
Very repetitive.
As a retired nurse who started training in 1958 I found to much was of a similar nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and moving accounts from WWII nurses that everyone should read, 6 April 2013
'Sisters' is an amazing book. My grandmother began her nursing training towards the end of the war and these touching accounts from nurses just like her are incredibly moving to read. These brave women went through so much, making huge personal sacrifices so that others could be helped. Reading their stories in their words is such a privilege and I really hope lots of people buy this book - it documents such an important part of our history - one that none of us should take for granted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Aug 2014
joly good read

Sisters: Extraordinary true-life stories from nurses in world war two
Sisters: Extraordinary true-life stories from nurses in world war two by Barbara Mortimer (Hardcover - 15 Nov 2012)