5.0 out of 5 stars The sanest approach to depression that I've come across
Reading this book was a breath of fresh air. It isn't merely Ilardi's rejection of a drug-based approach to treating depression; such rejections are two-a-penny in the 'alternative therapy' field. No, what sets this book apart is that it is balanced, well-researched, undogmatic and rooted in the careful use of scientific evidence.

The core hypothesis is simple...
Published on 7 Aug 2010 by J. Goddard

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, common sense information offered.
Published 19 months ago by L. Mateus

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Depression Cure: The Six-Step Programme to Beat Depression Without Drugs (Paperback)
When a person is suffering from depression common sense is usually the first thing to go out the window!! This book is full of common sense in one easy to read book. It was just what I needed to help me on the road to a brighter outlook. AND much of the advice is just plain good for you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective....., 20 Sep 2010
As good a book about recovery as any you'll get. The main idea behind it is simple: That much of causes of depression are linked to the mismatch between our genes - which are set to an palaeolithic stone age life - and our lifestyle which is almost completely removed from this. Steve Ilard introduces you to six steps we can take to revert the maleffects of modern life. Whilst the title refers to depression, the thinking could be used to treat a variety of ailments, such as stress, sleep disorder and so on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, common sense information offered., 8 Sep 2012
L. Mateus "lolakaycee" (SW London) - See all my reviews
I read this book because I do not believe in taking medication to treat depression.The medication is a coping strategy which in my opinion could have long term negative consequences more so than positive ones.From personal experience I know that one cannot fix the cause of depression by taking a pill.These might or might not stabilise a person's moods but it won't fix what needs sorting out in a sober manner. This book was very basic, very good if you've never had depression and need to grasp the basics of dealing with it. The advise is the common sense approach readily available free on line anyway.It is good though that more books (like this book)are available now that gives people options on how depression can be treated instead of coaxing people with depression into becoming Prozac junkies, a notion that believe it or not scares me alot more than depression itself. To say this is the definitive way to beat depression is a bit simplistic. I think it is beneficial to read as many books as possible on depression if you are going through depresssion and pick up from each book what could be of benefit to you, because a person's recovery from depression is as individual as the person themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 10 April 2014
Very good book. Clear and easy to read. Helped me a lot to fight my low mood. I feel much better after a few weeks following TLC program described in this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars book, 1 Mar 2014
This book finally brings together information you can find in different places if you are prepared to search - but puts it together very wel

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me hugely, 24 Feb 2014
No one will ever be depression-free by simply reading a book, but if you're willing to put the work in, then reading this book will tell you what to do.

It is phenomenally helpful, so sensible, and hugely empowering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely would recommend this book, 14 Feb 2014
Very easy to follow and makes a Great deal of sense. I started to feel better almost immediately . Been helping others with what I've learnt.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lightbulb read, 5 Feb 2014
In my case it was the fish oil. I've always hated eating fish, have successfully avoided it all my adult life, and have teetered on the edge of depression all my adult life. Steve Ilardi claims that the fish oil can work very quickly: I felt hugely better after ten days of the recommended dose and have remained that way.

This is a very readable and interesting book, with plenty of practical advice. Nobody suffering from depression has anything to lose by reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Depression cure, 29 Jan 2014
I bought the book for someone else, got half way through reading it and realised IT WAS FOR ME!
I will finish it as I have already learned many simple things. It also re-iterated the things I already knew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and intelligent, 22 Nov 2013
Well explained, common sense ways to change your lifestyle and improve your mood.
Even if depression is not an issue for you, this book will benefit you.

ARRAY(0xa6f909c0)