5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, but a re-write rather than a sequel to "Getting Real"
If you've used any of the 37signals software products, you'll understand why the authors have an awful lot of credibility to write a book about running a small company.

ReWork sets out their vision of what has worked for them, getting from day one, to turning over millions of dollars, and having hundreds of thousands of customers.

The book is short,...
Published on 16 Mar 2010 by Mark Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes thought provoking but let down by disjointed format
I want to like this book more than I actually do.

I want to like it because I agree with much of what the authors are trying to achieve. Or, at least, what I think they're trying to achieve.

The book sets out to challenge many of the assumptions we make about the world of work and commerce. And how we spend our time and structure our activities...
Published on 4 Jun 2010 by Andrew Lloyd Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars If you read only one business book, this is it!, 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
Absolutely the best business book I have read in a long time, if ever.
All business people need to read this and regain perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 28 July 2014
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
This book is so so so brilliant - Only God knows why I hadn't read it earlier. Have even ordered copies for friends! An excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I`ve read this year, 18 Sep 2014
After reading this you'll definitely be more enlightened and probably want to work for 37signals too! Highly recommend. Last word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for people who need to change the closed office environment, 20 Dec 2014
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
The book is very good for present for friend that want a change in a normal 9to5 work environment. It's provicative

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading if you run your own business, 22 Mar 2010
S. Gale "Stephen Gale" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
I have had this book on pre-order for a while and had forgotten about it until it arrived last week. It is well written and to the point. It has some great ideas and my copy is now covered in scribbles. It reads as if it consists of a number of blog entries and I quite like this style - the points are all well made and succint. It only took a couple of tube journeys to work to finish off.

If you run your own business, then this book is going to be essential reading. I just wish it had been around while I was running my own. I can see how the ideas apply to smaller businesses, but I suspect there are less relevant to larger enterprises. Doesn't mean that they are not helpful, just less relevant.

I really enjoyed reading this book. If you run your own business, it is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vindicated lots of what I already thought sub-consciously, 20 Mar 2010
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
Pre-ordered this and received it this morning; I had finished a first read through by lunchtime.

This is a great book if you want to actually think about how you run (or want to run) your business. I have been given lots of business advice in my first year of trading, much of which I didn't agree with but felt 'they knew best'. "Rework" vindicated every thought I have had over the last year. I didn't have a business plan because I felt it would be out of date by the time the printer had finished printing. I only want to be a one-person business owner but felt everyone wanted me to expand - until I read this book. There were lots of other examples and ideas that I either already practiced or knew I wanted to. In fact I broke off several times to write down points that were relevant or ideas I had from reading a chapter.

Excellent book, easy to read and lots of great, sound advice - what more could you want? Go ahead and be a 'starter'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and inspiring, 26 Mar 2010
Paolo Miscia "Paolo" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
Of the (almost) 300 pages, ~100 do not contain any text (or graph); when there is text, it is spaced and big fonts. But you don't buy books like this for quantity, right? And if it is insight and provocation you are after, you will get your fix! Buy it and enjoy the two hours you'll spend reading it (and the many occasions in which you'll apply the formula...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 22 July 2014
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
Short and simple read, reccomnded to friends already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read! Super super super!, 25 April 2010
This review is from: Rework (Hardcover)
I recommend this book. Not just as business book, but as something you can - should - grab from time to time and read again. Over and over. A great motivational tool! Gets you excited everytime!

I want to rip out some pages to hang on my wall. You will understand what I mean once you start reading it!

4.0 out of 5 stars This book open my mind, 13 Nov 2010
This review is from: ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever (Paperback)
I'm an italian 24 years old student. This book it's a bunch of simple concepts and thoughts, that some of those I already knew. The fact that those are all connected and wrapped in a single book, make open my mind in "business things".

The book it's really easy to read: images, short chapters and paragraphs, text large, in short: seems a kindergarten's book.
Anyway I really recommend this book, because it's true that "change the way you work forever".

ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever
ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever by Jason Fried (Paperback - 18 Mar 2010)