5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book
Published on 2 Sept. 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware!!
For mums looking for help breastfeeding this is not the book for you, see very careful of the information on pages 41 about the time to feed and how often. Although this book has some useful facts such as "EASY" for mums of newborns i suggest NCT breastfeeding book.
Published on 12 July 2011 by D. Househam

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware!!, 12 July 2011
D. Househam "Charlie" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Tips from the Baby Whisperer: Breastfeeding: Includes advice on bottle-feeding (Top Tips from/Baby Whisperer) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 12 Mar. 2014
I found the title of this book misleading. It would be better called 'feeding'. The book is very much geared towards bottle feeding (expressed milk or formula) and talks in terms of ounces etc - Hogg appears to prefer bottle feeding.

There is also conflicting information in here - the baby has a limited size tummy but 'tank' it up before bed so that it sleeps through. Then there is the example schedule - baby goes 12 hours overnight without a nappy change (can you imagine having your wee hanging around you for 12 hours? euch) and Mum gets to have her evening meal but there is no time given to prepare it - or to have lunch or breakfast meals!

There are a few useful tips and advice (eg wind, reflux, colic) but I am glad I borrowed this from the library and didn't pay for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Days of Hell!, 24 Nov. 2011
I *had* to give one star as there was no option for none.

I got this book when my baby was approx 2 months old, I got it after reading Gina Ford after finding that her methods were too rigid and lacking in compassion for my tastes. This one's 'clever', she seems so nice! It targets the fears of vulnerable parents. Telling new mums that they are creating demanding babies and that not having a strict routine would cause all sorts of problems can really knock your self esteem. Nice tactics. Like any good advertising this book makes you feel pretty inadequate. Quite quickly into reading the book I began to realise that we too were 'accidentally parenting' our baby. The debate about cry it out, put down pick up wasn't on my radar when I read this either, I had friends who had babies who slept very well and who were using these books so I thought they must 'work'. So in an effort not to be such a useless failure and to get back some 'control' I tried very hard to get our baby onto Hogg's EASY routine, but it was extremely distressing for my little-one and for me. We struggled on for a few more days but I just couldn't bear it anymore. My little-one not surprisingly wanted to be rocked and soothed to sleep. She wanted my arms, she wanted her mummy. This book doesn't really look at the needs of the baby (mummy!), just on the wants of parents (routine!). I went back to trusting my intuition *and* swimming against a strong tide of opposition. I have since done my research and know that Hogg and Ford's techniques do indeed work; but at a price. Glad I only tried for a few days, genuinely heartbroken for trying at all!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just no., 29 Nov. 2011
K. Evans "Kate Evans" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
Just no. There will be babies who will be hungry on the structured routines that Tracey Hogg recommends here, mothers milk supply will fall, and parents will end up supplementing with or switching to formula milk. Hogg also coins the phrase "accidental parenting" which is a deeply patronising way to refer to methods of comforting babies that have been used by women since time immemorial.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 1 Nov. 2011
A. Davies "AD1971" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
I had heard many good things about Tracy Hogg, so I bought several of her books shortly after having my daughter. As a first time mum, I was in need of help. Her style is straighforward and easy to digest. My only criticism is that after reading it, I felt that I had not learned anything new. I think had I read it prior to giving birth then it would have helped me in making a decision about which route to follow - breast or bottle. But at the time of reading it, not so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 2 Sept. 2011
This book was a big help to a first time mum! I didn't follow it strictly but did (and still do at 6 months) use the EASY routine. It really makes it easy to know when baby is hungry, tired etc and gives you a good idea of how much they should be eating/drinking and sleeping at each age. Takes a lot of the worry and guesswork out of being a new parent, I would definitely recommend this to everyone with a new baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite must buy!, 18 Oct. 2013
For first time parents this is gold dust. I would recommend to all mums and dads. Very easy to read and practise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book., 19 May 2011
Would recommend mothers to buy this book ante-natal rather than post-natal like I did as it has excellent ideas from Day 1 of your baby's life and gives great info about not just Breastfeeding but also how to get your baby into a routine from the word go.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never trust unqualified 'advice', 13 Oct. 2012
This book contradicts much of what official breastfeeding organisations recommend. Information in this book could sabotage breastfeeding for many mothers.
Inaccurate and untrustworthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, 14 July 2011
L. Perestrelo - See all my reviews
Tracey Hogg is a lifesaver, I rate all of her wisdom and recommend her books to all mums especially new mums to put some sense back into your day. Great flickable book that I refer to on a daily basis