4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
This book has nearly driven me to ditraction. It's harsh, not always accurate (3 separate health visitors and my doctor have all told me in the strictest terms that it is normal for a baby under six months to wake for a night feed once per night- Tracy Hogg writes as though any baby over three months still waking during the night has clearly not been parented correctly)...
Published on 20 Oct 2010 by KJ

1.0 out of 5 stars What an irritating book!
I bought this after reading several recommendations and was expecting some useful advice. What I found was a poorly written book, displaying no empathy whatsoever. Tracey Hogg is clearly lucky enough to have never had a baby who is just a very poor sleeper. I hate the constant accusations about 'doing accidental parenting' and finished the book feeling as though I was the...
Published on 27 Jan 2011 by MrsN

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works!, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Top Tips from the Baby Whisperer: Sleep: Secrets to Getting Your Baby to Sleep through the Night (Paperback)
This book was recommended by a friend. I was sceptical at first as my baby was not a sleeper. 4 weeks later and my little boy sleeps regularly throughout the day and 11 hours at night!! It was a EASY!! (Apologies for the pun!)
I would recommend this book but advise you allow some flexibility to suit the needs of your baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Oct 2013
It is not a miracle cure. Takes lots of patience and time but her tips do work. Easy to read and sensible advise. Best baby book I have bought.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 10 July 2013
I thought this book was going to show me how I could get my child to sleep through the night but instead it went up to a certain age group which my child was way above and it told me everything I knew anywaysb

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my daughter, 15 Feb 2013
My daughter has found this book an invaluable help with her new born baby. It gives very good guide lines to a new mother and doesn't make her feel like a failure if her daily routine goes out of sync.

2.0 out of 5 stars unhelpful, 5 April 2010
This book is full of catchy strap lines that are repeated again and again and again... there is only one idea in the whole book so although it is (thankfully) short it could be way shorter! I bought this because I will never try 'controlled crying' on my baby and I have to admit that in her favour Ms. Hogg does not advocate controlled crying, I just wish she had more than one alternative suggestion. This book is for those of you who like routine, have good self esteem and are not breastfeeding, I suggest that the rest of us steer clear.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stressed, 17 Jan 2014
I know the baby whisperer knows everything about babies, but this book only left me feeling stressed and frustrated.
The tone in the book is very hard. It made me feel that if this didn't work for me it is all my fault and I am a bad parent.
It did not feel organised to me and it was hard to look something up that I was wondering about.
The "pick up" technique to help my baby sleep is something I did for weeks. My back was in so much pain and my baby unhappy. Finally I was in tears.
Now I just stay in the room with her until she sleeps. Keeping a hand on her if she is upset, and that works perfectly. My baby is happy and I get to sleep through the night.
I would recommend the books written by the Super nanny. They are straight to the point and has a pleasant tone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life!, 9 May 2011
My baby slept through the night from the age of 7 weeks, which was great. However, after painful teething and a bad cold, she stopped sleeping altogether. She wouldn't nap or sleep in her cot for longer than 40 minutes and would only sleep if I rocked her and held her. I bought 3 books on sleeping and chose this one as it seemed a happy medium between letting her "cry it out" and the really soft approach. I also used to watch the Baby Whisperer on TV. The techniques in this book worked immediately and my baby slept 12 hours the first night! She has napped and slept ever since - 6 weeks now. I would recommend it to anyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's the shorter version of the other books, 20 Nov 2010
If you have read any of the other Tracy Hogg books you are basically getting the sleeping highlights. It's a helpful read, and we used some of her techniques and wisdom. I would stick to purchasing her other longer books than this short version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me to set a good routine with my baby girl!, 4 Feb 2014
Definitely recommend this book, helped me to set a routine and to stick to it. Once I started doing the 3 hour routine with my 4 month old daughter she just naturally fell into it. She now sleeps from 7pm, dream feed at 10pm, and usually wakes anything between 5-7am. I'm using the tips in the book to train her to last until 7am. Purchasing this book I was able to use the advice to suit me, my baby and partner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to read and refer to quickly, 3 Aug 2014
Must have book for parents! Very easy to read and refer to quickly! Very good service and very happy customer!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›