on 4 October 2013
It is not a miracle cure. Takes lots of patience and time but her tips do work. Easy to read and sensible advise. Best baby book I have bought.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2013
Too prescriptive for my tastes. Why complicate things further by trying to play by someone else's rules (who has never even met your baby!) Babies sleep through when they are developmentally ready, end if. Do yourself a favour and accept it, you'll have a much nicer time in the end!! :-)
on 6 December 2012
It's good. I can't fault it's ideas. But you know your baby best. Use it as a guide but not as a bible.
on 27 September 2013
Sleep training isn't suitable for babies under 6 months. It is perfectly normal for them to wake through the night and the fact that some woman has written a book implying that it is anything but ordinary is appalling. No well informed health care professional would point you towards this book as the advice is awful. My heart goes out to the poor young babies that have been put through this by first time parents who don't know any better! The author should be ashamed of herself.
on 29 November 2012
As with the other books by this author I found the tone very school ma'am ish and condescending. In addition, the PU/PD technique did not work for my daughter, she went ballistic so all in all a waste of money.
on 3 August 2014
Must have book for parents! Very easy to read and refer to quickly! Very good service and very happy customer!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2013
This book is a summary of other books and is useless when you need full details. I shouldn't have wasted my money on this book
on 5 February 2014
I loved this book it helped me so much! Taught me techniques that actually have helped my child to self settle at night
on 26 January 2012
I found this book to be poor. Very disjointed and contradictory at times, I read some sections over and over again trying to understand just what it was that the baby whisperer was recommending, and came our the other end none the wiser.

This book reminds me of the phrase "talking loud and saying nothing".

There were some useful aspects and insights in to how to understand your baby eg. keeping a sleep diary, but nothing really conclusive like what to do once you have a logged enough info on your babies habits.
on 7 October 2010
I stopped reading this after about one third of the way through because some of the information was out of date e.g. the author recommends swaddling babies after 3 months, for as long as is tolerated. This is not in accordance with current UK medical advice. Babies can overheat if swaddled after 3 months.
Also, I didn't approve of her unhelpful harsh terminology e.g. "accidental parenting" which she describes as the "complete opposite of patient and conscious parenting". This sounds fair enough, but her "accidental parenting" includes any parent who has EVER rocked their baby to sleep, got up with their baby at 5am etc. I can't think of any parent who hasn't done some of the activities on her list, but nearly every parent I know still manages to be patient and conscious.
The statements about parents who have "broken the bonds of trust" with their baby and instructions to sit on the floor all night next to the baby (sleeping on a pillow on the floor) is particularly harsh and unrealistic.
However, her E(at).A(ctivity)S(leep).Y(ou) plan was a simple and sensible idea.
0Comment13 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse