Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 June 2009
This new book is a godsend. If you like concise, straightforward advice on how to deal with a toddler and new baby, this is the book for you. There are plenty of books around with advice on toddlers or new babies, but this book focuses properly on the trials and tribulations of the combination of both!
One of the great things about this book is the advice on how to adjust the routine for playdates or school runs and on how to establish the bed and bath routine for both a toddler and a baby. This is the hardest bit for most mums. Especially the time between 5-7pm (a difficult time for us all!). A great gift for a parents expecting their second baby.
on 1 August 2009
I know Gina is controversial, but I followed her routines with my first baby and it worked perfectly. This one is a lot 'softer' than her main one (a reaction to criticism maybe?) with less bossy instructions for mothers (!) and is also very detailed, to take into account possible age gaps, different plans (school runs etc) and as a result is more detailed. However, offers the same straightforward and practical routines as her others books and as someone else said, great tips on dealing with a toddler at feeding times etc. Also has more troubleshooting tips than her other books I think. A godsend indeed for someone with a newborn and a toddler like me!
on 12 January 2013
Really great book. Stern, but fair, and I like to use it with the kids. Helps a lot. Easier to organise your day with the kids
on 16 June 2013
After using gina 's contented baby for my first child I was intrigued to know how the routines could work with my 2nd. Really easy to follow and full of useful information start to finish
on 16 July 2009
This is a great book. If you have a toddler and a small baby then this is for you. The bottom line is that it works. We have a toddler and small baby. The routines described in the book are both practical, sensible and easy to administer.
on 9 September 2010
two children with a small gap between them both, it was comforting to read that am doing most things the right way for our family. a few handy hints to help along the way, a good read to reinforce your parenting instincts +++++
on 8 November 2011
Good book however not much different from the other baby book so if youalready have the 1st book I wouldn't bother.
on 16 November 2013
An extremely practical book, with really helpful advice - trying to juggle the needs of baby and toddler is not easy, particularly in the early days, but this book is like having an extra pair of hands! There is light at the end of the tunnel!
on 21 December 2009
This is a good book if, like me, you're struggling to think how you're going to cope with 2 small children and getting your new baby into the Gina routine. Much of the information is the same as in Gina's contented little baby book but she does go into more detail about how to juggle the two, often conflicting, lives of your children.

I followed Gina's contented little baby routines with my first but not to the absolute letter as I found some of her advice a little restrictive. It seems to be this strictness that she has addressed a little in this book and her advice isn't quite so prescriptive. This does, however, make a lot of what she says in this book common sense. And armed with a little confidence you may well find that you don't need this book quite as much as you think you do! If you already have the contented little baby, I'm not sure that this book adds a great deal, although she does talk about splitting naps etc to take account of school runs.

In summary, worth the outlay (it's quite a reasonable price) if you haven't used Gina Ford's routines before and don't know where to start with a second baby or you have used them before but just need a little nudge in the right direction.
on 20 June 2010
There is so much info about weaning the baby and it is hard to choose among all of them. The reason I liked this book is because it is a step by step guide and it worked very well with my little boy.

Very good!