5.0 out of 5 stars More useful advice from Gina Ford
This new book is a godsend. If you like concise, straightforward advice on how to deal with a toddler and new baby, this is the book for you. There are plenty of books around with advice on toddlers or new babies, but this book focuses properly on the trials and tribulations of the combination of both!
One of the great things about this book is the advice on how to...
Published on 30 Jun. 2009 by bossanova

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book with some good suggestions for routines
Interesting book with some good suggestions for routines. However this book assumes a perfect scenario where your baby will always cooperate and does not provide much help to deal with some of the real challenges you may encounter in implementing routine for a baby eg. If your child has reflux, what to do if baby doesn't fall asleep at the required time, etc. I also think...
Published 8 months ago by Lola

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Contented baby and toddler, 30 July 2011
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
If you like Gina Ford you will like this. I used the contented baby book with my first and it was a god send and I am hoping this will be the same. Having read through it I like that it is easy to follow and gives help with lots of my concern about having 2 young children. If it works as well as the first book I will be a very happy mummy. I definitely recommend this book if you have used Gina's routines before or not. I don't follow them to the letter but with some common sense they are amazing.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, 8 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
Good book however not much different from the other baby book so if youalready have the 1st book I wouldn't bother.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for second Mums lacking confidence, 21 Dec. 2009
S. Cleary (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
This is a good book if, like me, you're struggling to think how you're going to cope with 2 small children and getting your new baby into the Gina routine. Much of the information is the same as in Gina's contented little baby book but she does go into more detail about how to juggle the two, often conflicting, lives of your children.

I followed Gina's contented little baby routines with my first but not to the absolute letter as I found some of her advice a little restrictive. It seems to be this strictness that she has addressed a little in this book and her advice isn't quite so prescriptive. This does, however, make a lot of what she says in this book common sense. And armed with a little confidence you may well find that you don't need this book quite as much as you think you do! If you already have the contented little baby, I'm not sure that this book adds a great deal, although she does talk about splitting naps etc to take account of school runs.

In summary, worth the outlay (it's quite a reasonable price) if you haven't used Gina Ford's routines before and don't know where to start with a second baby or you have used them before but just need a little nudge in the right direction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not dissappoint....., 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
I am a Gina Ford fan and used the first book for my first child. I have started to read this one and so far pleased with the content. It allows for the small and big age gap and gives you that extra reassurances and a focus. I am a very organised person and like routine and this book and Gina allows parents to be able to do this. it isnt for everyone but I like it alot and still hooked on reading ti!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but still think Gina is great, 17 Jan. 2010
Mrs. N. Fergusson "N" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
I am by no mean one of those 'anti-Gina Mums' and I do worship her contented baby book but after a very long wait I was very disappointed when I got the book ( as soon as it was published). I feel it's basically the contented toddler and contented baby mixed together. I have a 18 month age gap between my two and I was really hoping this book might help but it didn't at all. I know Gina works vey hard to help mums around the world with her books and also her website but this book didn't do it for me, sorry Gina!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tips to make life easier, 16 Nov. 2013
Jenny Dalry (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
An extremely practical book, with really helpful advice - trying to juggle the needs of baby and toddler is not easy, particularly in the early days, but this book is like having an extra pair of hands! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is another God send from Gina Ford, 13 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
I am a mother of an 11 month old, and currently 5 months pregnant with my second child. I didn't start using the CLB book until my baby was 5 weeks old after it was recommended to me through a friend. I really wish someone had told me about this book before my baby was born. My daughter slept for 6 hours the first night we followed the daily routine, which was absolute bliss, as I didn't know how much longer I was going to cope with such broken sleep. However, when I fell pregnant with my second, I really began to worry how I would cope with 2 children so close to each other, and was going to buy the toddler book of Gina's anyway, until I saw this book. I highly recommend anyone with two young children to at least read this book as it has some useful tips, and I am so glad I have had the chance to read it before the second one comes along so I am better prepared. I will be following the routines as closely as I can, and really value what Gina Ford has to say as it really works!

5.0 out of 5 stars My saviour!, 20 Oct. 2009
E. Barnes (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
I followed the Contended Baby routines with my first baby and he is now aged two and has always slept and eaten really well. My friends with children of a similar age can't believe how good he is at sleeping. We have never really felt the sleep deprivation that other parents of young children talk about (except in the very early few weeks of course!). With this in mind, lots of people have passed comment that he is probably an 'exception' and we're 'lucky'. Although I have always been an advocate of Gina's routines based on my experience with my first, the 'doubters' were getting to me, so in some ways I was nervous about having another baby - would he or she easily adapt to the routines suggested by Gina or would we eventually get to experience all the traumas of night time waking and fussy feeders?! More importantly, would a new baby disrupt the routines that we have so easily fitted into our lives with our first child.
The Contented Baby with Toddler has saved me! It is another excellent, practical guide to adopting routines that fit into our lives (especially our toddler's!) and offer the best chances of a happy little baby who sleeps well. This book has given me the confidence that the routines will work and I'm looking forward to proving all the doubters wrong with my second baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good guide!, 20 Jun. 2010
L. Dragas "Lidka" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
There is so much info about weaning the baby and it is hard to choose among all of them. The reason I liked this book is because it is a step by step guide and it worked very well with my little boy.

Very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book-A Real Help, 30 Jun. 2009
R. Bell (Goole, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Contented Baby with Toddler Book (Paperback)
I am pregnant with my second child and have been worried about how I will cope with two. I followed the contented baby book routines with my first child and he is now a confident young toddler who eats and sleeps well. However, a new baby is a challenge for all of us. The book covers the pregnancy, getting enough rest and looking after yourself and suggests how to involve your toddler in the process at the right time. Age gaps, potty training, napping in the day, overcoming the milestones in a toddlers life are also explained in detail. For me the ideas of keeping the toddler entertained whilst you are trying to breastfeed a baby were fantastic. I have stocked up on jigsaws and sticker books. I also sighed relief to read the fantastic bath and bed routines as it is a diffcult time of the day with just my son let alone a small baby needing attention too. Like many of Gina Ford's books, the routines are suggested in a clear and concise format-easy to follow and detail the ages of the baby 2-4 weeks, 3-4 months e.t.c On reaching the end of the book I was even pleased to see that there were suggested menus for both baby and toddler for after the weaning process-this book will be by my side for the next few months I think. It has arrived just in time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Contented Baby with Toddler Book
The Contented Baby with Toddler Book by Gina Ford (Paperback - 2 July 2009)