5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring
Published on 1 Aug. 2010 by Emma B

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I was looking forward to this book coming out but I was very disappointed. I'm about to start my 3rd cycle of ICSCI and was hoping that this book would give me some new tips - it didn't.
In her last book only a small part was dedicated to assisted conception but I found more information in that section that I have in this whole book.
This book would be great...
Published on 1 April 2010 by K. Clark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring, 1 Aug. 2010
Emma B "Em" (Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zita West's Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception: Essential advice on preparing your body for IVF and other fertility treatments (Paperback)
We have just finished our forth round of IVF treatment with no success and have spent a further small fortune on Amazon trying to find some books that will support us. None have negative reviews from us but this receives the most positive response. After many rounds of treatment it is easy to assume a weary 'been there and done that' attitude but this book offers so much more than new ways of giving old information. Rather it's educational if you are considering a change of protocol or new clinic and a comfort if you wonder about reaching the end of the road and want to be sure you've covered all the details. If you are new to IVF, trying to conceive or have had the shock of an upsetting infertility diagnosis - buy this book. I wish I'd had this ten years ago when we started out on our journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A friend, 23 April 2010
I bought Zita West's new fertility guide as we were just going into our 3rd cycle of IVF and I found it was a godsend! Despite already having been through the process twice before I was still learning from helpful tips and advice to help both me & my husband get through it again and actually feeling like we had some control and that we were doing something productive to help the cycle along.

I really liked the inserts in various sections of the book of people's personal experience, this made it feel like you weren't actually being told how you were going to feel or how you 'should' feel by someone who whilst an expert in the field has probably never actually experienced it personally. It helps to hear that you're not alone & that what you are feeling is perfectly normal.

This book is practical and caring and offers a truely holisitic, frank and honest guide to IVF and other forms of assisted conception which is invaluable

5.0 out of 5 stars great book highly recomended, 27 Feb. 2015
what a fantastic book!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone at any stage of trying to convince. it is a down to earth and very well written. it covers both the man and woman, and whether. you are trying for your first, second, third or tenth baby.
it explains everything in just the correct amount of detail about trying to conceive, what the tests you are having are for,various fertility treatments including ivf. it explains what happens during an ivf cycle. the book talks about some reasons why you could be struggling to convince with case studies and interviews from various specialists.
as well as a whole chapter on successful cycles it talks about what if you are unsuccessful and possible reasons why this could happen although it sometimes can not be explained. it also goes onto other options such as egg and sperm donation,surrogacy, adoption or even living without children.
even with my dyslexia I found I could read all for hundred and ninety odd pages in less than a week which is very quick for me. I just could not put the book down until I finished it.
zita west was a midwife for 30 years before starting her clinic in London so with about 45 years worth of experience you can safely say that she knows her stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 April 2010
M. Reidy - See all my reviews
Brilliant book. Especially for those considering IVF or any type of infertility treatment. Covers absolutely everything from diet to emotional wellbeing. Well worth getting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Dec. 2013
Really informative.

Lots of good advice although if you followed all the advice on diet etc etc You would struggle to live a normal life

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book - 10 out of 10, 5 Feb. 2014
N. Springthorpe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Don't be daunted by this big book - it is really easy to read and in a very friendly supportive language/tone. Zita doesn't preach or patronise, she just gives you her (very extensive) experience. Very helpfully divided into chapters following the cycle of fertility - I even found comfort in the case studies that usually drive me crazy in self help books. I learnt enough about the process without getting spooked by having too much information. I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 2 Nov. 2014
The essential guide for anyone with fertility issues, whether undergoing IVF or not. It will put your mind at rest and unravel the medical jargon and myths of infertility.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, 15 Dec. 2013
Knowledgeable and well laid out. Manages to strike a nice balance with scientific accuracy, some personal anecdotes and a nice caring style of writing. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Aug. 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone that is going to IVF, it's easy to understand, gives you loads of ideas and answered many of my questions - great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality for secondhand, 24 Sept. 2014
Ordered from world of books. Very good quality for secondhand. Will definitely use again. Interesting books. Covers all topics and explains things well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›