5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing & intelligent read
This book tackles the topic of grief and coping with being the person left behind in a lovely way. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone.
Published on 1 Jan. 2009 by Odette Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost & Found
Published on 23 Mar. 2009 by C. Nicol

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost & Found, 23 Mar. 2009
C. Nicol (Wick, Caithness, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost & Found (Paperback)
After reading 'A Friend Like Henry' and 'Marley and Me' I couldn't wait to get stuck into another K9 book. I must say in comparison with these other 2 books I was disappointed with the content. It didn't keep me wanting to read on, the story wasn't as gripping. I quite happily set the book down at bedtime and didn't think about it again til the next night. That said, I did enjoy the book just not as much as the others.

I haven't stopped here though, I am already into my next K9 book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing & intelligent read, 1 Jan. 2009
Odette Kelly (France) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dog Novel with a Twist in the Tale, 10 May 2010
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lost & Found (Paperback)
When I ordered this Book from Amazon, I did not realise it was a novel. I don't usually read novels as I prefer Biography or Autobiography books, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It had a dog in it so I thought well it can't be bad. No disappointment - it was not bad it was very very good. It was another page-turner and a quick read. You had to keep on to the next page to find out what was going to happen. I would thoroughly recommend this book as it tackles a lot of human issues as well as those of the dog.

4.0 out of 5 stars We've all been lost and longed to be found at some point in our life., 29 Oct. 2010
Alison Roberts (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost & Found (Paperback)
I've read many books that involve our loving canine friend. Up until now they have been true stories or at least heavily based on true stories.

I took a gamble and read Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheehan. Not such a huge gamble as it was about doglets but it was a novel, a made up story.

And I loved it.

I read the book over a weekend, barely putting it down until I had finished. I was gambolling to the end, almost needing to know how the story went but also wanting to savour it - one of those lovely books I have spoken about before.

There is a time in everyone's life that I think they become aware of their own mortality and then they become aware of those around them. Dying has never scared me - but being left behind whilst others around me die does. And in this story Roxanne Pellegrino finds out about this the hard way when her beloved husband suddenly dies right out of the blue. Roxanne is left reeling - she's trying to come to terms with how to continue in life whilst also feeling very guilty for not being able to save her husband.

Roxanne tries to shut herself off from the world but it doesn't really work. She's moved away for a year long break from her old life and ends up meeting some wonderful quirky characters and a dog called Lloyd. Or rather they find each other. Both hurt and hurting. And together they help to fix each other. Quite literally as Lloyd is found with an arrow sticking out of him. Roxanne is led to an Archery instructor - which tangles up a story of a girl who has appeared to have killed herself and her mad ex boyfriend.

The story unravels at a pace that keeps you hooked from start to finish, you feel the characters, you become part of the story and cling on to the hope of a happy ending....this is another book that is going back on my book shelf to be read again!

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable book that kept my interest, 15 Jan. 2012
Mrs. M. Connolly (Leicester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost & Found (Paperback)
I bought this for 10p in a library sale, expecting it to be a very cosy 'animal helps bereaved lady through her grief' tale. It is a great deal more than this, with a dark theme of obsession and illness, an unpleasant mystery set up, and uncertainty as to which characters are to be trusted, if any. It is written in American English, which keeps it at one remove for this English reader, but helps create the spooky atmosphere that haunts it. I would not expect to go for a book where chapters are devoted to what the dog is thinking, but in this book that works well, supporting the authorial voice, and assisting the reader.
Nearly all the characters have huge issues of various sorts, loss, fear, illness, uncertainty.The author, and the main character, both have a training in psychology, and this too provides an extra dimension to the story. It would be a great book to read on a journey, where you need to get immediately back into the story between interruptions, and the very direct style of storytelling facilitate this well.The last fifth of it I just had to keep reading to see what happened.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Lost & Found (Paperback)
I love books that include dogs, as dogs are such a major part of my life. I was drawn to the cover and thought that this book would be similar to 'Emma and I' by Sheila Hocker, 'A dog named Christmas' and 'Christmas with Tucker' by the fantastic Greg Kincaid and the tear-jearking 'Marley and Me' by John Grogan. I thought that this was going to be in the same vein as many of the previous books I had read involving dogs. It took a very long time to get to the Labrador,'Lloyd' and I found that his role in the book was peripheral. Much of the book discussed suffering anorexia through one of the characters, how to load a traditional bow and arrow (which I found very strange) and the psychological problems associated with grief. I felt analysed through characterization. I had little empathy with the central character and found myself putting the book down more than wanting to find out what happened next. All in all, I found it very disappointing and it wouldn't entice me to read any more of this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lost & Found, 16 Sept. 2009
Nikki - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lost & Found (Paperback)
Loved this book - it had a bit of everything thrown in, a good story to it and I wasn't expecting the mystery aspect. I thoroughly enjoyed it and got through it very quickly, I would certainly recommend reading this.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Suspense, No Romance, No Reason to Read, 9 Mar. 2010
I found the beginning of the book quite hard to get into. Krentz kept going from one person to another and although it wasn't difficult to follow it didn't really engage me. I felt like I wasn't really given an opportunity to really get to grips with anything before she moved onto the next scene. The only thing at this point that did make me want to keep reading was the main character. Cady has suffered from panic attacks for years and this is quite a big part of her character. I have also suffered from panic attacks for most of my life and having something in common with the main character, especially something that's so significant in my life, made me really want to keep reading. Obviously this won't be relevant to the majority of people! I thought that Krentz wrote the anxiety really well. She either did her research very well or has personal experience. For me it wasn't the big descriptions of anxiety that were good, although they were very accurate, it was the more subtle things, the way that Krentz captured the way that anxiety impacts on every aspect of life. The thought patterns, the reactions, the triggers, they were all so realistic, at least in my experience. I think that this is something that could easily be missed if you don't have an anxiety disorder but for me it just really made me feel like I could relate to the character. At times this wasn't necessarily a good thing because there were points in this book where I had to put it down because I thought I was going to have a panic attack. I think that's actually a compliment to Krentz who wrote anxiety so well that she made me feel it.

I felt both the plot and the romance side of this book were weak. Ideally the two should compliment each other and I felt that in this book they didn't. Krentz seems to have minimised the romance as much as possible to concentrate on the murder plot which is not particularly well done. The suspense side of the novel lacks originality. It's very predictable which takes a lot of the suspense out of the book. I like to be able to guess who the murderer was but in this book it was so obvious that it felt like an insult to my intelligence. She tries to throw in a twist in the plot but I could see it coming almost immediately. This book is not written in a way that builds suspense. Although there is murder and plotting and everything you would expect in a crime novel there is no excitement. It lacks that moment where your heart's in your mouth and you're holding your breath waiting to see what's going to happen next. I think perhaps it's because it's a romance novel so you know who is going to survive. That takes a lot of the excitement out of it.

As I have said I feel like the romance was sacrificed for the suspense side of the novel. There are some romantic scenes but certainly not enough for a romance novel, in my opinion. The romance scenes that are in this book often felt very incomplete to me, like Krentz only explores the relationship and the emotions to a point and then stops. It just left me feeling like I wanted them to have their happy ending because I liked both of the characters but I didn't particularly want to read about it. There are a number of secondary characters who have romances. These romances aren't explored much, they're just mentioned in passing but like the murder plot they were very predictable. I could guess who would end up with who as soon as the characters were introduced.

For the most part the writing was fine but Krentz seems to end each scene at really odd moments, they never feel like they're quite finished. She doesn't end on cliff hangers, it's more like she ends halfway through a scene and then doesn't pick them up again later.

Overall I thought that this novel was very predictable, failed to build any suspense and wasn't very romantic. I have given this book two stars because I thought Cady's anxiety was written very well and the characters were both likeable but I certainly don't recommend this novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars A heart-warming story, 21 July 2011
What a wonderful book! This novel runs the gamut of emotions, having the reader laughing one minute and crying the next. It also crosses genres, with thrills and mysteries, sadness and joy, and a little bit of romance thrown in for good measure. A truly heart-warming story, this has shot to the top of my all-time favourite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog Lovers will enjoy this book, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lost & Found (Kindle Edition)
I loved this story. Anyone who is a dog lover like me will enjoy it too. I fully recommend this book.

Lost & Found
Lost & Found by Jacqueline Sheehan (Paperback - 19 Jun. 2008)