5.0 out of 5 stars How to Have a Healthy Divorce, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide (Paperback)
When my husband and I finally gave up on trying to stay together we asked our RELATE counsellor how one got amicably divorced. She suggested this book. What a joy to have a non American book, one that treats both parties as adults and acknowledges and explains the stages of bereavement that I suspect are involved in all divorces.

It is as it says on the cover "A step-by-step practical guide for anyone going through a separation or divorce" offering ideas and actions plans to help the reader work through a really tough time.

Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Have a Healthy Divorce, 26 May 2009
J. Calver (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide (Paperback)
After a year of struggling with the fallout from the breakdown of my marriage I was looking for external help that wouldn't involve time-consuming visits to counsellors. I'm so glad I saw this book.Relate certainly do know their stuff ! The book helped me understand so much about what has been happening to me both before and after the end of my marriage and explored ways of dealing with it all. It has helped me move on.I feel the best I've felt for a year.Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Self Help Guide, 11 Aug 2009
A. Newlands "Neets Newlands" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to anyone starting out on the road to seperation, good practical advice and a total understanding of how you both feel emotionally. Well written and easily understood, like having your own personal counsellor 24hrs a day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, 16 April 2012
This review is from: How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide (Paperback)
This book is more about coming to terms to do with the break up of a relationship than to do with divorce, if you are looking for a book that some how justifies your break up or makes you feel better than this isn't the book for you! it looks at the things you may have done wrong, how to avoid them in the future and more practical things like how to manage your friends, time and money. It is great for self analysis, infact i only made it half way through when i realised that i was giving up on my marriage with not alot of thought and it wasnt what i actually wanted, i then organised marriage guidance and bought the relate better realationships book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good even if you are still willing to try, 20 Dec 2011
Bought this when going through a bad patch and gave me the help to try again before it goes on to talk to you about the best ways to end a marriage and luckily for us it worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 22 July 2011
This review is from: How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide (Paperback)
Reading this book made me decide to give my marriage another try, which, I'm sure is the intention.
It asks you to consider your part in where things went wrong, what you could have done differently, and why you loved your partner in the first place.
Clearly written, with lots of exercises.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide (Paperback)
I have found this book very easy to read, it explains the different stages of grieving for your marriage/separation and gives you good helpful hints of how to use the support network around you. I found the little exercises very useful and have helped me more than I realised. Definitely worth a read!!!

ARRAY(0xa47e1f0c)

How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide
How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide by Paula Hall (Paperback - 18 Dec 2008)
8.79